Thread: Weird dog behavior - Riley

Hybrid View

Weird dog behavior - Riley

Riley has this weird funny habit that is making the cats here crazy! She loves to sit and lick them - head, ears, neck, chest, front legs, over and over till kitty is SOAKED! Bobby is the only one who has stayed long enough to get really wet, but all of them have had quite a licking he heee.

Any thoughts WHY she does this?

I haven't use any topical insecticides on the cats for a few years, so at least I don't have to worry she will get herself sick. Bobby - and all the cats -- finally get sick of the licking and leave -- to groom themselves, ha haaa.

I have no idea why she does this. But Zoee used to do it to Paizly too. And, surprisingly, Paizly would just sit there and let her. But the girls have always gotten along so well.
    I guess she just thinks they are dirty kitties and she needs to get them clean. Or it's some motherly instinct??
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    she needs to get them clean. Or it's some motherly instinct??
    And I thought: "Oooh this puppies are so dirty I can't even tell they are doggies, I best clean them up!"

Riley thinks she is a cat! Too cute.

Grace, YES even to the dog having the front leg over the cat's back, that is exactly what Riley does! LOL

Thanks for this, guess I'll just let them be. Most of the cats here are NOT appreciative, though, they stalk off ha haa.