Thread: Now what :(

Hybrid View

Now what :(

Continuing on from this thread

I thought it was pretty much routine dental op, but today's vet thinks it is Aids Leukimea or something else.

It can't be Leukimea she was vaccinated every year she was an outside cat and she tested clear for aids twice as a kitten.

I am so upset, if she needs further treatment what are we going to do, we have had to take a bank loan out for today's £300 operation and we will be paying it off for months. What if we can't mix her back with our other cats or worst still she doesn't make it.

I can't stop crying, I just thought today was routine

{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}

Could it be Stomatitis? I have been through that with 4 cats. It is considered an auto-immune disease which make the vets ask about FIV/FeLV first.

I'm sorry that this is happening. It truly is a dilemma for you and I don't have an answer, only a prayer that it will prove to be something that you can manage. As Jen mentioned, if it's stomatitis, you'll know what to do and can still have your kitty w/you. Prayers going up that all will be well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I would not believe the doctors if they say it is leucemia or FelHIV if she tested negative in the past. Sometimes they just don't know and diagnosing a cat is a lot of guesswork.
    I keep paws crossed for BamBam.

I think vets who see a younger cat with bad teeth tend to jump to the conclusion that FeLV is involved. My Bob has had dental problems all his life, and one of his past vets tested him for FeLV just because he was young with tooth trouble. No FeLV, thank goodness--just bad teeth.

Best wishes for Bramble and for you.

Thanks Ladies.

Good news the blood test for Aids and Leukimea came back clear, as did an urine test for diabeates.

The vet is very surprised she didn't test positive and has told us that she is ill, with what he is not sure of yet.

Bramble demolised the tuna in water we gave her to eat and is her normal chirpy happy self despite losing 14 teeth..ouch.

We have her in the spare room and will let her out when she want to rejoin the rest of the cat herd.

So I am very relieved to have my baby girl home with us and we'll cross any other bridges when we have to.