Thread: Redecorated my room last weekend! (update #36: new colors for the "kitty room"!)

Hybrid View

Redecorated my room last weekend! (update #36: new colors for the "kitty room"!)

I was getting so tired of the colors here in my apartment, and I felt it's really time for something new. After painting my corridor in January, I now decided to redecorate my bedroom. This is also the room where my computer table is, which means that I'm spending a lot of time there - and so do the girls!

I was really really tired of the yellowish and reddish walls, and the blue carpet and curtains. I did a lot of soul-searching until I finally came up with an idea for a new color scheme: chocolate, nougat, cream and pistachio-green. The idea was that I wanted to make my old black furniture "disappear" in front of the dark walls - and I think it works, their ugliness is less obvious now.

And for some reason - despite of the dark colors - the room looks much bigger now! I like the result a lot, and so do the girls, as it seems. *g*

Here are some photos:

Last edited by Kirsten; 05-23-2009 at 10:42 AM.

The best deco pieces of all:

The next project will be my kitchen btw, and after that, the kitties' room.

Looks great! I love the colors. And the furkids make the room!

Looks awesome
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I would have never dreamed those colors would come out looking so good! That is beautiful!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

You did a terrific job!
    I should hire you to come do my home.

But then you'd have 3 totally different looking kitties and 2 doggies to match. LOL

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

WOW is all i can say Kirsten, i love the colours you have chosen, they look wonderful, when you wrote them down i had could image something yummy to eat, being a chocoholic,never far from my mind lol, and the fur accessories, well what can one say BEAUTIFUL, thanks for sharing and enjoy your new decor.

Speaking of dark colours i too have light colours ,it is not that i don't like dark ones just not daring enough, however our daughter choose a nice dark rich red for her very small bedroom., i really was not keen, it had been a light yellowish cream, and the results are great, along with black curtains and a red and black chinese print duvet,and with white skirting boards and a wood ceiling it looks really good.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️