Thread: Calvin's Happy Then sad then sort of happy story

Hybrid View

Calvin's Happy Then sad then sort of happy story

At petsmart today I adopted the sweetest, most loving dog I have ever met. He had been found on the side of the road and after several weeks of lost and found ads and phone calls to nearly every vet in the area he was put up for adoption. He stole my heart immediately even though he was nothing at all like what I thought I was looking for. After debating for several hours over if I should get him or not I decided that if I walked out the doors I would always regret it.. So he came home with us. He was a gentle GIANT who was happy as a clam with Ginger, the boys, and even Boomer (who sniffed at him and decided he wasn't worth the time). We were getting ready to go to the store to buy him LOTS of dog food and things when the phone rang... After weeks of effort they had found his people. We brought him back to Petsmart and handed him off to his people who were very happy to have him back.... He was only "ours" for about an hour but I haven't stopped crying since. So... Here is our Lucky.. Though his real name is Calvin

Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Oh my, that is quite a story, yes, happy and sad. Calvin was good for a 'trial run' maybe? And you had the pleasure of his company for a little while. Of course I'm sure his owners really wanted him back too. I'm sorry it happened this way, for you. There are many more dogs out there to steal your heart. I know it still hurts even if you only had him an hour. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Calvin sure is a cutie. And a very "lucky" boy to have found two families to love him. Be a good boy Calvin, and I hope you don't get "lost" again.

Calvin sure does look like a sweet dog. I bet his family is very happy to have him back. AND...that means that there is still an open spot in your home to help another critter that needs a good home!

Such an emotional roller coaster for you! I know in your heart you are glad he is back with his family, but it is still hard to make the switch in such a short time. I wonder why the family couldn't connect up with him sooner???

Give yourself time to recover and regroup. That is alot to take in and process all at once!

I am so sorry this happened It just wasn't meant to be, obviously. You WILL find the perfect dog. I promise. Calvin was a gorgeous boy.

Wow... that's crazy. I'm sure it was heart-breaking for you, but I'm glad Calvin found his people. They must have been distraught, with him being gone for so long.

Maybe, you can take this as a sign. Finish training Ginger and allow her to grow up and bond with you. Training two dogs at once is a BIG, big challenge.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I bet his family is very happy to have him back. AND...that means that there is still an open spot in your home to help another critter that needs a good home
    That's a good way to look at it.

Sorry you had to go through this but I agree, I would take this as a sign. I don't agree that you shouldn't get another dog but maybe a dog that is a mature adult and already trained.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Knowing how upsetting it is when a furkid is missing, I am beyond ecstatic that Calvin found his family.

I know the urge is strong, but it really is a good idea to wait until Ginger is at least a bit trained and matured to bring another dog in the home. That's just my opinion though.

You didn't make a mistake in thinking what a great dog he is. Calvin is
    a good name for a big sweetie like him. If I were his owner, the first thing
    I'd do after I got home would be to register his ID chip with personal info.

I know if I had lost Calvin, I would be heartbroken to never get him back.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

things happen for a reason, you'll see. There will be a pup waiting elsewhere for you.

im also a huge believer in things happen for a reason. Just imagine how happy calvin was to see his owners, I bet they were over the moon to finally get their boy back and to learn a very valuable lesson on microchipping!