Thread: Today's vet visit.

Hybrid View

Today's vet visit.

3 more cats had their yearly today. I did a FVRCP shots at home and they got they rabies at the vet, plus the exam.

Sterling, Kim and Jasper went today.

Jasper is doing SOOOOO well after our scare with the diahrrea and the upper respitory. He gained weight PAST his original weight!!! (was 9 pounds, got sick and went down to 7 pounds, is 10 pounds today!) Hoooorah for Jasper!!

Kim is a petite 7 pounds. And in terrific shape. 5 1/2 years old now.

Sterling is 13 pounds 6 ounces and held his weight since the last visit. (did not gain, like the other group who each gained a pound).

I also recently changed them from Hill's c/d to Royal Canin SO. They like it and I like the fact that it supposedly had "dental" properties in it. (they hated the dental diet I bought!) I picked up 2 bags today.

I will aslo be starting Jim and Sterling on the Clomicalm. Well, actually they ordered me a generic as the price difference was SUBSTANTIAL! ClomiPRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE is the exact name on the bottle. They are capsules. So I will open a capsule and dissolve it in 1 ml of water and give 0.2 ml per cat per day. Wish us luck.

SO..............$220.00 later.........(LOL) it is nice to know these 3 are healthy and up to date on shots.

THREE CHEERS for THREE HEALTHY KITTIES!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sounds very good. Good luck with the clomicalm. I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you since it didnt' do what I had hoped for Rocky. I think Rocky is just a neurotic mess anyway.

From Decker with Love

Good luck w/the Clomicalm. I've not tried the generic, never even thought to ask if there was one. The stuff I use comes in small caplets and I quarter them to make 5 mg. per cat. I was lucky in that it started working right away but Dr. Lee said that it usually takes at least 4 weeks until it starts working. If that ever stops working, I'll go to kitty Prozac. I just ordered new furniture to be delivered on Sat. and I don't take chances. Let us know how it works for you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Good luck w/the Clomicalm. I've not tried the generic, never even thought to ask if there was one. The stuff I use comes in small caplets and I quarter them to make 5 mg. per cat. I was lucky in that it started working right away but Dr. Lee said that it usually takes at least 4 weeks until it starts working. If that ever stops working, I'll go to kitty Prozac. I just ordered new furniture to be delivered on Sat. and I don't take chances. Let us know how it works for you.
    1st, I thought (but could be wrong) that the amitriptyline WAS considered the kitty Prozac. That is what mine are on now. It DID work, but it seems to have stopped working. Possibly, like in humans, a product for depression/anxiety could stop being effective and need to be changed.

2nd, these are capsules, and they are 25 mg, with the dose being 1/5 a capsule per day. (5 mg per day, same as your cats). It is worth a try.

3rd, I just asked the vet office to order the Clomicalm. When they priced it out, they got the generic. They did not specify the amount ($$$$) difference, but said it was SUBSTANTIAL! I got 100 capsules (500 doses) for $16.00.

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    I got 100 capsules (500 doses) for $16.00.
    Uh, yeah, I'd say that's a substantial savings. I get 120 doses for $42. And since I medicate 4 cats, that lasts only a month but it's well worth it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

2nd, these are capsules, and they are 25 mg, with the dose being 1/5 a capsule per day. (5 mg per day, same as your cats). It is worth a try.

3rd, I just asked the vet office to order the Clomicalm. When they priced it out, they got the generic. They did not specify the amount ($$$$) difference, but said it was SUBSTANTIAL! I got 100 capsules (500 doses) for $16.00.

OOOH! I'll have to check that out!

1st, I thought (but could be wrong) that the amitriptyline WAS considered the kitty Prozac.
    Nope, it's actual Prozac but, obviously, in a lower dose. My cats were on ametryptilene but it did stop working after a while. I was so desperate then and I posted on PT and you, Jen, are the one who saved me back then by suggesting ametryptilene. You're right, though, it loses its effectiveness after a while. If that should happen w/Clomicalm, I'll try the Prozac. I really don't like having them on drugs but I like the alternative even less.
    Blessings,
    Mary