Thread: Now I'm pissed!

Hybrid View

Now I'm pissed!

So since moving onto this house my roommates and I have had numerous things stolen from the back of our trucks and from our property. I've had 4 fuel cells stolen, 2 from the jet ski trailer on the side yard, and two from the back of my truck after I loaded it for a desert trip. I know, I know...should have learned my lesson and not left anything of value outside at all. Our neighbors have also had a lot of things stolen and a neighbor across the street had his window smashed in. We've reported most of this to the police and we'll see a patrol car every now and then, but I think the bulk of the issue is the high school kids that come through our street using it as a shortcut between the main road and the schools around here.

Well last night someone finally got the nerve to try and get inside my truck, and sure enough they managed to wedge my sliding back window open . Luckily I didn't have anything in easy reach and something must have spooked them because my GPS, camera, and radio were left alone. I'm betting that my roommate who comes home around 2-3am scared them off when his headlights came around the corner and thank goodness they didn't come back.

We had a camera mounted on the front of our house, but I had to park on the other side of it where a tree obstructs view from the house. I swear I'm going to plug my truck into a 220 outlet and zap anyone who touches it, but then I'd be the one going to jail.

Anyhow, just had to get that rant out of my system. Why can't people just buy their own dang stuff and leave mine alone?

Quote Originally Posted by cmayer31
    Luckily I didn't have anything in easy reach and something must have spooked them because my GPS, camera, and radio were left alone. (
    Man, you live dangerously!
    Get someone to sleep in the truck, or buy a pellet gun.

It you catch them get soem friends to gether and have a blanket party....

I caught a high school kid once who had broken into my toolbox in the back tray of my pickup......he was breaking into it in broad daylight....in a parking lot. He admitted to me that he wanted my tools to sell so he could buy cigarettes.
    Nothing is safe these days....and to coin a phrase once said to me by an insurance assessor "Things these days only belong to you until someone else wants them"
    That is so true.
    Wom

A pellet gun, I would have a 38 ready and loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Man, you live dangerously!
    Get someone to sleep in the truck, or buy a pellet gun.

It you catch them get soem friends to gether and have a blanket party....

Get one of those motion sensor lights... & use crazy bright lights!!

I also found that getting a sign that says "Warning Guard Dog", works sooooo much!!!

Back home people kept trying to break into our yard, luckly I was home with the dog & scared them away... After the 3rd time, not only did I let my pissed off dog into the yard (they were in the driveway trying to open the gate) & watched them nearly poop them selves.. I printed off guard dog signs with an APT picture on it & put one on the porch, the driveway window & the back door.. NEVER had an issue after that.

Leaving stuff like that out where it can be seen is asking for it! All a thief needs is temptation and that is a lot of temptation. I would have an alarm installed AND have a camera mounted outside to catch the crooks.

I know how mad it makes you to work hard to get something, then have someone come along and try to steal it. I worked 2 jobs for 2 years to get a car I wanted and someone broke into it and stole the radio and speakers. I would have killed them if I knew who did it! The car was LOCKED and they broke in it, luckly, someone came along before they did to much damage and scared them off. Insurance paid to fix it but no amount of insurance could fix my ANGER!

BY GOLLY, GET A JOB and earn what you want like most people do!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

buy a pellet gun
    I would have a 38 ready and loaded.
    That's one sure way to get yourself killed.

Have someone sleep in the truck and call the cops to let them know you're parking the truck there. This way HOPEFULLY they'll make themselves more visible.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Would it help to have a cover over the truck rear? I know, expensive, but in the long run it may give you some piece of mind? I never owned a truck, so I don't know the pros and cons, just tossing out an idea for consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Would it help to have a cover over the truck rear? I know, expensive, but in the long run it may give you some piece of mind? I never owned a truck, so I don't know the pros and cons, just tossing out an idea for consideration.
    The cover is not a bad idea at all, and something that I've considered since owning the truck. It would definitely secure the bed and the back window. However the main reason I have a truck is for my desert toys and hauling supplies for the house. Both of these would be too big for the cover/cap. I might be selling my dirt bike, gas is too expensive, so if that happens I may put a cap/shell on it. My parents have always had a shell on their trucks, so I'm used to them and like them, but it's not practical for me at the moment.

I'm much happier now that the truck is parked on the driveway again and that it is right next to my window. I'd go right through my screen if I heard someone near either truck on the driveway.