Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PT Cooking Magazine *SUPPERTIME*

Hybrid View

PT Cooking Magazine *SUPPERTIME*

Daughter Missy made potroast the other day and shared this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim

Coca-Cola Potroast
    1 pot roast, trimmed of visible fat. We use an arm roast because it is inexpensive
    1 small bag of baby carrots
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 medium potatoes, diced
    1 can Campbell's chunky potato soup, any variety
    1 can Coca Cola
    1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Dump carrots, potatoes, and onions in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Add in potato soup and stir until the veggies are evenly coated. Place pot roast on top of the veggies and pour the onion soup mix on top of the meat. Pour a can of Coke on top of the veggies around the meat.
    Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours and on high for 4 hours. Or on low ALL day.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One of my favorite things to make is meatloaf. I collect recipes for meatloaf and am always looking for new ones. Here is a meatloaf from a recipe I got here on PT - a Turkey Mozzarella Loaf - served here with roasted veggies and a salad. The recipe came from Christa.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Turkey Mozzarella Loaf

Recipe By : Debbie
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:15
    Categories :
    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 pounds ground turkey
    10 ounces package frozen spinach -- thawed and squeezed
    1/2 cup minced onion
    1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 eggs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 cups mozzarella cheese
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    2 tablespoons dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine turkey, spinach, onion, bread crumbs and spices, mix lightly. Press half of the meat mixture in a loaf pan. Top this layer with the mozzarella. Press remaining meat on top of this and press down to make an even layer.

Whisk together the ketchup and mustard - spread over the loaf.

Bake for one hour - sides of the loaf will begin to pull away from the pan and the top will be golden.

Remove from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes. Letting it stand will allow you to cut into 6 nice slices.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, what are YOU cooking today? Will you share a picture here? Maybe it is a special meal you cook....maybe a bowl of soup.... or leftovers.....even fastfood? Will you contribute to the magazine?
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 02-26-2007 at 01:00 PM.

That looks devine Debbie!! I need a good low carb meatloaf recipe. Do you have one?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

In another forum im in there is a section called "Supper Time" and people take pictures of there dinner and include the recipe,I think we should do something like that here,It gives us all new ideas.

We all know what it is like having the same old things for dinner on a regular basis,

Some people just take a pic of there dinner,some also include a recipe,it is nice seeing all the different foods,Mind you it makes you hungry lol.

So what do you all think of having something like that here????

I'd frequent it if we had a section like that

Mom that looks great! I may have to try that
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    In another forum im in there is a section called "Supper Time" and people take pictures of there dinner and include the recipe,I think we should do something like that here,It gives us all new ideas......
    I like that thread name Lori - so I renamed this one. I was hoping that we could have an ongoing thread like this. I love it when we have threads about "what are you having for dinner?" and get good ideas. It is also just fun to read about what other folks are fixing. I think the idea of including a picture would be an interesting addition.

I like this idea.

Tonight I made homemade pizza. Sorry didn't take any pics hubby was there waiting with plate in hand as he was 'starving' or so he claims anyway. He must have been seeing he ate an entire pizza himself. 8 slices.

I will have to come up with something 'Italian' for tomorrow.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

How about this?

Corn muffins, Stuffed peppers, Scalloped potatoes

Mom's Scalloped Potatoes

Coat a 1 1/2 qt baking pan with spray oil. Peel and slice thinly 4 medium potatoes and 1 large onion.

Make 2 cups medium white sauce. (Melt 4T. butter in a sauce pan, add 4T. flour and stir over medium heat until blended. Add 2 cups of milk gradually, and stir until well blended. Add potatoes, onions, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Pour half in baking pan. Add sliced ham or raw pork chops and cover with remaining potato mixture.

Bake 45 min. to an hour at 350.

Originally Posted by Sirrahsim

Coca-Cola Potroast
    1 pot roast, trimmed of visible fat. We use an arm roast because it is inexpensive
    1 small bag of baby carrots
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 medium potatoes, diced
    1 can Campbell's chunky potato soup, any variety
    1 can Coca Cola
    1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Dump carrots, potatoes, and onions in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Add in potato soup and stir until the veggies are evenly coated. Place pot roast on top of the veggies and pour the onion soup mix on top of the meat. Pour a can of Coke on top of the veggies around the meat.
    Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours and on high for 4 hours. Or on low ALL day.

I have this one in the Crockpot right now! I cannot wait till dinner to try it!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

ohh I hope you like it!! Let us know
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Everything looks great,I will post something soon i have just been making simple dishes for dinner since i have been running back and forth to the hospital.

How was the pot roast? Tonight I made a super fancy chicken dinner.
    Parmesan Herb Shake and Bake made with chicken tenderloins, steamed veggies, and Uncle Ben's Ready Rice It was yummy though! Here is Tyler's plate:

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    ohh I hope you like it!! Let us know
    I was great!! loved it!! My aunt and her kids came over the other night, and they helped with the leftovers, and loved it as well!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    I was great!! loved it!! My aunt and her kids came over the other night, and they helped with the leftovers, and loved it as well!
    I'm so glad that it was a hit!!

Right now I have a ham roast in the crock pot! The recipe calls for a pork roast but I am NOT a fan of the taste of a pork roast at all so I use the precooked ham halves instead
    This picture does not do it justice. It turns out soooo tender and yummy

3lb pork roast (I use precooked ham halves)
    1 large can crushed pineapple with juice
    2 to 3 Tbsp brown sugar
    2 Tbsp soy sauce
    1/2 clove minced garlic
    1/4 tsp dried basil
    about 4 additional ounces of pineapple juice

Place roast in slow cooker. Combine all ingredients and pour over ham. Cover and cook 4 hours on high and 4 hours on low. I think it helps to use a spoon to pour some of the liquid up over the meat whenever you happen to wander through the kitchen.
    If you want gravy to go with it you can remove the meat and use the juices. Measure out the cooking juices, add enough water to make about 1 3/4 cups and pour into a saucepan. In a separate bowl blend about 2Tbsp flour with 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Stir flour mixture into the hot cooking juices and bring it all up to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened.

I usually heat up a loaf of store bought Hawaiian bread and some sort of veggie to go with it

Supper for me and hubby ... 3.5.07

Here is what hubby and I had for supper tonight! I'm trying to start cooking "healthier".

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Boneless (skinless) chicken tenderloins ... cooked all day in crockpot with Fat-Free cream of chicken soup and sliced onion. Garlic powder for added flavor.

Fresh veggie mix - Cucumber, Broccoli, Cherry tomatoes, marinated all day in fridge with Caesar Vinaigrette w/ parmesan Dressing. Tossed with slivered almonds just before serving.

Steamed plain white rice - used FF cream of chicken soup left in crockpot as gravy!

YUMMY!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!