Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe What I Saw!

Hybrid View

I Can't Believe What I Saw!

I was sitting on the porch this evening and one of the stray cats (who looks remarkably like Pet Talk's Edwina) was laying under the back of my car under the bumper. The car was backed into my driveway so I got a 'birds eye' view of the following event. I glimpsed movement to the left. A bird too young to know cats are not a birds best friend, was hopping toward the cat. The bird was so cute! No grown-up feathers yet but little feathers sticking straight up on his head giving him a 'bad hair day' look. There was no way I could get to him in time. He hopped right up to the cat. He hopped right on top of the cat. He hopped right over the cat. The cat just blinked like, 'what was that?' The bird stayed under the car hopping around then it would try and hop up on a tire. It hopped back on the cat. It hopped back over the cat and was again under the cats nose. It hopped back on the cat once more. I finally got to the scene. I figured the bird's luck would run out sooner or later and the cat would want a snack. The little bird eventually hopped out and saw me. I was able to shoo it to a low rock wall that drops down from the sidewalk. It has bushes and shrub trees there. At least he had protection. His parents were going nuts. Such tweeting and chirping. I could just hear them, "Where's junior? What do you mean you don't know? Can't you watch him for five minutes? Oh, My Goodness. JUNIOR!!!!!"

AWWWWWW
    What a lucky little birdie... I BET HE WAS CUTE WITH HIS LITTLE BAD HAIR DAY!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I like that story! I saw something like that on Animal Planet one time, but the bird was a crow.

Aw MOFF - what a wonderful story - and a very lucky birdy!! Bad hair and all

Lynne

Must have been thrilling to watch! Lucky birdie! Lazy cat! Thanks for sharing the story!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

How incredible that must have been to see. Silly bird!!! I have three baby squirrels that think Edwina looks like she might be fun to play with and they come so close!

Perhaps Edwina's Kansas twin just wasn't hungry?

Former User Guest
    Maybe that cat was so amazed by the rudeness of that bird that he didn't know what to do! That musht have been so hilarious to watch!

Too cute!!

I watched a TV special all about cats, and apparently cats must be taught to kill prey by their mothers; it does not come naturally. But since it is instinctual for a cat to be intrigued by anything that moves, I'm glad your story had a happy ending and the cat did not feel the urge to take a playful swipe at the baby bird!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

How cute!! And what a GOOD kitty!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

What a cute and amazing story. Too bad you didn't get a picture of it.

Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
    What a cute and amazing story. Too bad you didn't get a picture of it.
    I wished I had a camera too. I was afraid if I took the time to get one, the bird would be lunch by the time I got back outside. It's even more amazing when you cosider that the cat is the neighborhood 'tuff guy'. He's a stray and won't let anyone near enough to pet him. He did let me get close to him last night and sniffed my finger when I put my hand out to him. I'm sure he knows how to hunt. He's had to to survive. I hadn't fed him yet at the time of the bird adventure. I think the parents were able to get the baby. There was lots of bird activity in that area all evening and the next day.

I bet the birds had a party! LOL
    Very funny story.

What an adorable story! Doesn't Mother Nature amaze you at times? That little guy with the bad hair (I can just picture it) is very very lucky. And he probably got a "time-out" from his Mom and Dad!

Thanks for sharing!

How cute. Lucky bird!