Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

Ditto for me! I hope all goes well with her treatment tomorrow!

Sydney got her chemo treatment Friday and I have been watching her closely. She is still eating and she is still in great spirits. The wonderful thing is this morning when I looked at her, I couldnt believe it. Her one eye, which had been swollen shut, almost looks normal. The huge red swelling that was in her upper eyelid, is gone! She can see out of it, and it seems to not be bothering her at all. She really looks great, I could cry I am so happy that she is looking so great. The only problem that I have been having with her, is her mouth is bothering her. I am not sure if the tumor is pushing on her teeth or what, but she acts like they are bothing her and she uses her paw to rub it. I am just so happy that she is doing so well. Thank you everyone so much!

I'm so glad to hear that Sydney is doing so well. Hopefully her mouth won't bother her too much and she'll be able to continue to eat well. She continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Here is an updated picture of Sydney...Doesnt she look great! I am so happy!

Last edited by kittykatharine; 07-04-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Hi Sydney!!! I sure can see improvement in her face! She's beautiful. I'm so glad she seems to be responding well to the treatments.

Beautiful girl - sticking out her tongue! lol

Her one eye is much more visible...I hope she continues to do this well - what a great start!

Give her a snuggle for me, ok?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

She looks MARVELOUS!

Wow, Sydney does look better. How wonderful. Sydney please keep getting better.

She looks wonderful and we can tell that she feels so much better! Love the tongue sticking out! I just love this little girl! I feel better, too, just looking at her!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awe.. Sweet Sydney!!! You are looking so much better!! I am so happy to see and hear of this!!

You keep up the good work, and we'll keep up the prayers and good wishes on this end.

Gentle kissies and hugs to Sydney!!!

Sydney is still doing really wonderfully, although I had another slight issue with the vet today. Sydney is supposed to get her chemo done on Fridays, she pretty much has this same standing appointment for the next 6 months. Since today is July 4th, the vet told me that I would have to make her wait till Monday. I was a little upset by this. It is important that she receive her medications on a strict and proper schedule, and she is going to have to wait an extra 2 days and she will receive her next chemo admin on Friday, so that will be 2 days earlier. The vet seemed to think it is just fine, but when people have chemo, they are very strict about what has to be done when, and patients receive their chemo no matter what day of the week or holiday. It is just Sydney is doing so well right now, that I don't want anything to jeopardize her health. Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful 4th of July and please everyone be safe!

I'd be really annoyed with that as well. You think they could have done a day earlier or maybe a day later instead. I wouldn't want to do chemo treatments on a Monday and then a Friday, unless they do that with other cats and animals and there's no issue with it. Do you think they could redo the schedule that it will now be on Mondays instead of cramming two treatments in one week?

Whatever happens with the scheduling, I hope that they do what is best for Sydney (not what is best for them).

Big hugs to your sweet girl, and hope she continues to do well!

Thanks so much Jenn, the vet told me that is should be just fine that she has the treatment Monday and then Friday. She said that blood work will be performed that morning to ensure she can handle it. It is just I have had to change my work schedule around so many times that (so I could spend the day with her on chemo days) that I wont have a job if I try to change again. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that everything will work out ok.
    Last edited by kittykatharine; 07-04-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

I just picked Sydney up from the vet and the Dr. said that all her blood levels are back within the normal range. She said that Sydney is doing really really well. Makes me so happy. We also had her little blue stitches finally removed. Sydney is still a little loopy from all the sedation, but she should be fine in a few hours. I am just so happy that she is doing well. We send our love, thanks, and appreciation to all of you that donated to help Sydney. Her bill today was less, thanks to your contributions. It is so greatly appreciated. We have raised approximately $250 from the community and all of you. Thank you!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

This is wonderful news about Sydney's blood levels. I'm so glad that she's doing so well and I hope that she'll continue to do so. She remains in my thoughts and prayers.