Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help save Sydney's life!

Oh goodness, did you talk to your vet directly about it? I would and I would definitely voice my displeasure. I'm sure Sydney will be fine but she didn't need this added stress and neither did you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Their explanations are totally unacceptable!! And that is a lot of blood for a small animal to lose.

First, I hope that Sydney's heart is fine and that her ECG and ultrasound results will come back within the normal range.
    Second, how horrible!!! I can't believe that no one is even accepting the blame for not removing the catheter. I'd be extremely angry and would demand to speak to the vet. I sure hope that this blood loss hasn't hurt Sydney in any way. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Crappy excuses!

That is unforgiveable - especially as it caused Sydney pain and stress!

Having said that - a few years ago when I worked at a cat boarding place, I yelled for the owners when cleaning a room. There seemed to be a LOT of blood EVERYwhere. A multi-cat family was sharing two rooms, and someone got territorial.

She came up, we checked the kitties, and none had a bad wound, which was good. She also told me that with cats, the amount of blood looks like more than it really is. I think because the blood is thin or something.

I STILL say they made a horrid mistake and handled the solution to it badly. I just mean she may not have lost as much blood as feared.

{{{{HUGS}}}} to your precious angel!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry that you and Sydney have had such a trying couple of days. Prayers continuing that all will be fine with your fur baby. I can't believe they left the catheter and I would be very upset also. Hang in there, all of us here are praying for you both.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatharine View Post
    There explaination was -"She thought I took it out and I thought she took it out".
    You should mention this directly to your vet when you next see her. A customer would never be expected to remove a catheter unless it had been pre-arranged with you and the vet. When a catheter is removed, I think () pressure is usually applied to the hole to prevent bruising and make sure the bleeding stops. It's their responsibility and they are trying to sweep it under the rug.

I hope that Sydney is doing okay. Please keep us posted.

Ok, so Sydney went in for her re-staging today. The vet performed x-rays, ultrasound, and blood work. The vet told me that her heart did not look to enlarged but she did say she saw some lesions on her liver and some dark shading on her kidney. She said this could be a result of scar tissue or residual tumors the treatment has not effected. She said that in a few days when the results of the ultrasound come back, I will find out whether I can go forth with the current chemo treatment or switch to other chemo drugs. I am super worried, and all I can do right now is pray for her. If I have to switch to other chemo drugs, and the price goes up, I am at my financial limit. Please if we ever needed PT prayers, now this is it. Please pray that the ultrasounds are all good results. I am expecting a call from the vet tomorrow or the next day. I will post the results as soon as I find out. Thank you so much for the the positive vibes and prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

You are not going to believe this, but just as I posted my last post, pleaing for prayers, the vet called. The results where in and they were all GREAT! Her heart is not enlarged and the ventricles and valves all looked good. Also the dark shading on her kidney and the lesion on her liver all turned out to be scar tissue from where tumors where destroyed. There appears to be no additional tumor growth. So the Chemo is WORKING! She is going to get her scheduled chemo this Wednesday, which is only five days later than expected. I am just so exsctatic! I am going to celebrate by giving her favorite canned food. Thanks for the prayers!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT!

OMG - it's WORKING - and on her 'innards' too, where that first idiot vet didn't even notice the cancer had spread to.

This is such GREAT news!

Hugs to Sydney and to you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

YAY!!! This is so great to hear. We really needed some good news here on PT! I'm so happy for you and for your beautiful Sydney. She has such a fighting spirit. I'll never forget the first day you posted that picture of her with the tumor and since then she has gone through so much and it was all worth it! Thanks for letting us know. Please give her a big hug!

Oh how wonderful and thank you God for answering prayers for Sydney. Please keep this sweet kitty and her fur momma in your care and keep Sydney on the mend.

Bless you Sydney, you are a trooper!

*reaches in pocket to find another small donation to mail*

Wow, if ever I needed to hear some good news, it's now! Sydney sure has had more than her share of problems and I'm so glad that the chemo is working. Bet you're gonna sleep tonight, eh?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

You cannot imagine how happy I was to read your second post. I had just read about Puddy's update and was trying to think of something encouraging to post for Medusa. Then I came and read your first post and was so saddened. THEN, to get the good news right after that! That is so great! Sydney is in my thoughts very often! Please give her some scrubbies from me!

This is wonderful news!!! I hope that she'll continue to do well and go into a full remission very soon. She continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.