Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rottweiler?

Rottweiler?

The vet told my friend that her rottweiler Bruno wasn't a purebred. What do you think? They found him and rescued him.
    These are the best 2 that I have

The guy on the left

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

well if thats not a 100% rottie...... he must´ve done some DNA tests to find that out.......
    he looks 100% pure Rottie to me..... and such a cute one!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thats what I've told her as well but she believes the vet. He is tall and lanky but definatly a rottie. Maybe a badly bred one though.

1 bunny named Houdini
    7 bettas

Phhhtttt.....Looks 100% rotti to me. I had a femlae Rotti once, and people kept telling me she wasnt pure. So after hearing this for a while, i went and asked a breeder. she told me, that my rotti was pure, but had a recessive gene that caused her to have longer curly hair. So just because they dont all look the same dosent mean squat! But that boy looks all Rotti to me!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

when I started with Huskies I was told a zillion times my dogs were not purebred........ (hold for it)........ because one was bieyed......( one eye blue one brown)...... that was their purebredness hint...... .. and literailly i did what i just did with the smiley thing...... and kept going my way.......

there are some traits as mentioned longer fur, longer legs, more narrow snout, broader heads, smaller ears, etc....... but that just are genetic things that some poorly bred dogs may have but they are still purebred....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Just because the vet knows animal medicine doesn't mean that he/she has a clue about breed standards and such.

He might be a bit leggy but how old is he? He may not fill out until he is between 2 and 3.

What a beautiful Rottweiler! He looks 100% purebred to me too!

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Bruno is about 2 years old. He is very tall leggy and muscular but looks all rottweiler to me. He is a big sweet goof ball.

1 bunny named Houdini
    7 bettas

Bruno is definitely purebred. He's a beautiful boy. He reminds me a lot of my last girl, actually, as far as appearance goes.

Unless bred for show and such, many Rotties tend to be kind of tall and lanky. Not short and stocky, as most people picture them. My current girl doesn't look at all what a Rottweiler should be, but she's purebred.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

If I were her, I'd get a different vet. Sorry, but that would be a red flag to me that this vet should go back to school. I wouldn't let the vet touch my dog after saying that.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

They have been using him for about 20 years. This is also the same vet who was selling diluted flea medicine and misdiagnosed my other friends little schipperke, they told her that he had a brain tumer and they had him put to sleep, come to find out later he just had an ear infection and nothing at all wrong with his brain. No clue why her parents would still want to use this vet.

1 bunny named Houdini
    7 bettas

Unless you do DNA testing, it's impossible to tell. You can only go by looks, and he looks like a pure rottie to me -- but you never know, might be something else back there! My friend had a dog that absolutely looked like a 100% purebred rottie -- but, in fact he was 1/4 American staffordshire terrier. Never would have known it if they didn't tell me that their other dog, a solid black dog that looked nothing like a rottie, was his mother. Nothing wrong with calling a purebred-looking dog (with no proof that it's purebred) a purebred. If it looks purebred, might as well be called purebred.
    I've been BOO'd!

I think he looks like a rottweiler. 100% Sometimes when dogs have puppies the puppies might grow up to look just like the mom/dad if they are full blooded. But, if I had to guess I'd say he is definitely full blooded. He is also very cute! My dad wants one...
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

He's definately purebred!
    he's really cute.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I have owed a "100% rottie" myself and I don't see anything that would say your friends dog isn't 100% rottie. So he has longer legs, big deal people with longer legs are still people aren't they. I knew people who bred rotties, beautiful dogs, father 140 and mother 120 pounds from very good backgrounds. They ended up with a runt on one of their liter literally looking long and lanky....more like a dobbie than a rot but she was still 100% rottie. We should all know...especially a vet, that you can never go 100% on looks. I get told by people all the time that my checked boxer looks like a pitbull