Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so happy!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy because I finally got my braces off! I have had stuff in my mouth for 6 years! I know that is a lot I have the top ones on and then a couple years later the bottom ones and a retaner and so on. I'm just so excited I can finally see my teeth! Everyone at school were saying I have really straight teeth I don't think so but I was just happy to get them off!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Wow that is a long time..congrats, and i bet your teeth are straight after all that time..

Good deal, I finally got mine off in October 2002 after 6 years as well. You will feel so weird for a little bit. Remember to keep wearing your retainer to keep them straight.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Thanks for the tip since I'm getting my retaner tomorrow after school so ya some people wear them at night but I'm not sure when I wear them some wear them all day.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

CONGRATS! No offense, but your teeth must have been bad to habve them on that long! I mean its like usually 2-3 years. Anyway, congrats!

they were bad I just had an overbite I still do since they didn't do anything my teeth weren't crooked
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Congratulations!

I had a GREAT orthodontist. When our braces came off, we got a yellow smiley-face button with a big grin that said "construction completed!" In my case, it was "just" 2 years, two months and 15 days, but my sister had them for 4 1/2 years - starting at age 9.

Wear your retainers however your doctor tells you to, whether all day and night, just at night - whatever the doc says. I know more than one person who had to have braces again in their twenties because they didn't wear their retainers in school.

When people tell me I have a nice smile (I grin a lot), I (whose teeth were a mess, overalapping, crooked, etc.) say, as graciously as I can, "Thanks! My parents paid a lot for these teeth!" which makes people smile themselves in appreciation.

Congratulations on getting your braces off.
    I bet your teeth look beautiful.
    I remember I did not want braces when I was a teen,
    and looking back it is one of the best decisions my mom
    made.

----<---<--<{(@

Congrats!!! People always ask me if I ever had braces, because my teeth are so straight but, I never have. lol

LUCKY! My mom hasnt even got them for me yet. Anyways on the brighter side of things, I bet your teeth look awesome!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Congrats!I've had mine on for a year and a little bit,and i probably get them off by May.

Thanks everyone I was having fun looking in the mirror finally seeing my teeth!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

YAY! I remember when I got mine off, what a wonderful feeling! I'll give you some advice though, I was bad and didn't wear my retainer like I should have (or much at all) and had to get my bottom braces back on. Make sure to wear your retainer as much as you should!! That is something that I still regret.

My daughter has the most beautiful smile these days, after wearing braces for over 2 years. I only had them on my upper front teeth and the stupid things turned right back to where they started when I no longer wore my retainer. I think that Orthodontists have learned, in recent years, that retainers are probably a lifetime thing. I wish you good luck and congratulations on your beautiful smile!!!! Show us a picture!!!

Wow! 6 years, i thought that i'd had mine on for ages, but i've had mine on for 1 year and 3 months! Congratulations on getting it off, i know what a pain they are hopefully mine will be coming off soon too!

Zimbabwe 07/13