Thread: Shed Ender -- Does it Compare??

Shed Ender -- Does it Compare??

Well since this doesn't pertain specifically to just dogs or cats I though it'd be best in pet general!

My friend showed me this link today and it looks AWESOME! Now, I know about undercoat rakes that do pretty much the same thing, but I can get one for like $6 at Petsmart. Does anyone have any experience with this product and am I better off just getting an undercoat rake or does this work better??

https://www.drdynamics.com/products/...ult.asp?bhcp=1
    Last edited by Jessika; 11-09-2005 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typos! :(

facebook

-- bump --

facebook

I've never used a "ShedEnder", so I can't comment on that, but I value my shedding blade almost more than the dogs themselves. It's really awesome, especially for my constantly shedding Akita mix.

Its looks like a stripping knife, I'd assume without the sharp blade though. It might work but its tiny. It would take forever to groom a large dog.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I asked my groomer about something like that, it was called "the Furminator". She said it was basically a hyped-up high-priced undercoat rake. -_- Honestly, I dont know, though! I'm always looking for something to make grooming my little BC easier during shedding season. I'm sure your Aussies also leave hair everywhere

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Jamie does ESPECIALLY. Charlie blew his coat for the year already a few months back so he isn't shedding near as much, but JAMIE argh!!! EVERYWHERE. I vacuum the house twice every day!! (doesn't help that the vacuum I have SUCKS lmao). Guests hate coming over cause of the dog hair

Someone on another forum said that its stripping dead undercoat hair but its ALSO stripping the live hair as well. What do you think??

I'm probably just going to get an undercoat rake though since they're like.. $6 at petsmart haah

facebook

My friend that happens to have an Aussie has one of those she ordered from some tv infamercial (sp?). She tried it once and threw it away. She says it takes f o r e v e r to groom just a few inch section. She says it the teeth are just way too fine for any hair other than short hair.
    Thats all the knowledge I have on it.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Ah hey thanks a lot! Eventhough on this one is shows them grooming a sheltie LOL but we all know infomercials are a little misleading

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    Ah hey thanks a lot! Eventhough on this one is shows them grooming a sheltie LOL but we all know infomercials are a little misleading
    LOL It may be a different brand OR it may be that they brushed & brushed & brushed her right before they took that comb to her.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.