Thread: Is it ok for her to bark at me like this?

Is it ok for her to bark at me like this?

My kelpie is a little talkative in general. WHen we go on walks she is of course a very happy dog. Every day, during part pf the walk she wags her tail and seems to talk to me as if to say "Mom I just love walks, yay, this is so much fun".

Part of it is fine but I'm not sure about the barking. How do I describe this....well she kinda goes wooWOOwoo-OO-oo-OO OO OO oo Woo woo Woof Woof woof woof.

I'm just not sure if this is her talking and being happy and to leave it be, or if I should try to stop the barking bit. I was thinking that the barking bit might represent behaviour that means that she is not respecting that I am leader of the pack. But I don;t think this is the case. She is a submissive and opbedient dog. I donlt get the feeling she is challenging me or anything. It feels like she is just really happy and vocalising it.

Any comments? I wanted to run this past you to see what you think because I'm just not sure.

I would say she just likes barking....my dog yaps all the time...
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

It sounds like she is just happy. The way you describe how your dog barks is the same bark mine has. It's not a woof pause woof. He does the Woo-oo---owoo-woo woof too. It is hilarious!

LOL Roxy barks all the time, because there are a lot of people walking on the sidewalks and there are lots of little critters she barks at about anything that moves LOL
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

From what you described it sounds like she just wants to carry on a conversation with you. I've had 2 dogs like that, my Cairn Terrier, Maddie and my Smooth Collie, Oz.

When I'd get home from work, Maddie would be so excited, she and I would WooWooWoooooo back and forth at each other. She also had all kinds of different vocalizations that meant everything from I need more water to I need to go outside and potty.

Oz is very communicative too. He comes and barks at me whenever there's anything amiss in the house and won't stop until I go check it out. He's so Lassie-like. When he's excited we bark back and forth at each too, like I did with Maddie. Although it's not a cute lil' WooWooWooooo sound, it's woof woof woofing.

As long as they have a happy relaxed body posture and they'll stop barking when you tell them to, I wouldn't worry about it.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Sounds normaol. Sounds like she is just a happy dog
    Deiz, 3 years, Boxer, Fawn
    Georgia, 4 years, Boxer, White
    Alaska, 8 years, Boxer, White
    Bud, 2 years, PitBull/Aussie/?, Brindle
    Jessie, 9 weeks, Boxer, Fawn
    Rocky, 7 weeks, Boxer, Fawn

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE TO SEE PICTURES OF MY BABIES!
    http://all-about-my-dogs.gotpetsonline.com/website

Is it before a movement?

I was wondering if the barking was prior to a bowel movement? Maybe she's telling you "don't watch this is private!"
    My dog Shaggy will just start "whining" for no apparent reason. He will just all of sudden stick his nose in the air and let out a whine! I panicked the first few times he did it! I still have no clue on why but he gets a hug just in case it's for love!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".

Hydro does it when I'm telling him what to do or just messing with him he lets out a sassy wooo wooo wooo. Sometimes when he stretches he'll let out a whispering arrr wooooooo

Ginger will do it when we're watching tv and she wants to go outside, she'll stand at the door and if we ignore her she walk over to us, look us straight in the eyes with this frustrated look on her face and gives us a wooo, sometimes she'll throw in an errr to get her point across.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.