Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 16 kids and wanting more!!!

16 kids and wanting more!!!

Did you all read this story on CNN? WOW!!! This family is HUGE!!!!!! Amazing story. I was watching a video interview with the whole family, and the kids all seem to be so well behaved. How could anyone raise and control 16 kids like that? They homeschool them all too!!!! Wow! I keep thinking, "16 kids!!!" and going, "OUCH !!!" LOL! Good that they're happy. I personally wouldn't want to THINK of having half that many kids. Ouch ouch...childbirth 16 times? OUCH! They seem to be such a lovely, devoted family though.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/paren....ap/index.html

Mom delivers 16th child, thinking of more

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well. Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl, he said.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said in a telephone interview.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family in May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family from the northwest Arkansas town of Rogers has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 10-14-2005 at 06:23 PM.

I saw part of their interview on the Today Show this morning. WOW!!!!!! Good for them......not good for me!!

I get everyones names mixed up.

Good for them, but I'd never do that.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I've seen them before. I wonder if they just keep having kids for the attention.

I have a hard time with my 4 and they're almost grown.

I know I saw that yesterday and I'm thinking she is wanting more jst for the attention! I can't believe she named them all starting with a J!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

I just read that!! Omg couldn't stand living in that home! I love being where i am a only child with a brother moved out!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I wonder what religious denomination they are?

I have seen them on TV before and I would never ever ever have that many kids. Too expensive to say the least. Yikes, just because you can get pregnant and keep having them doesn't mean you should. I can't imagine all the kids get the attention they all need. Buy hey, to each his own and whatever floats their boat.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

weird yeah my aunt is really messed up in the head anyway, they have 7 and what we think is she loved kids when they were babies and then when they grew out of it she had babies again anyway the dr. told her to stop having babies because it wasn't you know good.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'd heard about that, crazy. But, if it works, good for them. As long as they're all happy and healthy, I have no qualms about it. My friend's brother's wife just miscarried what would have been their seventh child. She's 32, and, he's about ten or eleven years older. Their kids are all smart and sweet and well behaved. They live almost entirely from the earth, no tv, they are home schooled, etc. It's not for me, I know that much, but, they are happy. They're not hurting anyone, ya know? I personally think two is my max. And, I haven't even had one, yet, so, who knows?!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

*Living with the Hillbillies* Southern West Virginia
    Wow! I couldn't even imagine even having close to that many kids. But if they are all happy & healthy then more power to them.

I have hard enough time with my 2. I don't think I could handle anymore.

I know of one other lady on a parenting board I visit. She has I think 14 kids and excepting another.
    ~Tina~

Yes, I seen that too. I have seen them a few years ago when they had a few less and I thought that was alot. I think its great for them to do that. It looks like the kids are healthy and very well behaved. I, personally, couldn't stand a chance at having 16 kids lol...
    Last edited by petslover; 10-14-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    I wonder what religious denomination they are?
    I think they're either Mormon or Jehovah's Witness. I could be wrong (as usual) but I remember hearing something about it awhile back.

I for one think it's absolutely and positively disgusting.

And my tax dollars will wind up paying for her sorry butt. I just want to slap the woman.

Grrr. Forced sterilization is sounding mighty good about now.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I don't have as strong opposed views as the last poster, but way too many kids IMO, but each to their own, who are we to say how many kids they can have, if they are well-adjusted, well taken care of, then I guess it is their business.,if they do indeed rely on welfare of any kind, then maybe it is in the public interest, and to have a say.

I just cannot imagine having that many children, you cannot tell me they all get their special individual time, I mean where does one get that amount of time to spend with them, they do miss out IMO, either emotionally or financially, with that many kids you cannot possibly give them everything, and I do not mean material things, but opportunity's etc.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️