Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinda worried about Malone this morning....

Kinda worried about Malone this morning....

Malone is acting *very* lethargic this morning, and totally not like himself; and it is worrying me.

He wasn't acting right, and I just passed it off as if he was just tired or something. But Emerson came in and tried to get him to play, and nothing, no interest. And then, everyday when I am getting dressed, I play this stupid game with him and he gets all excited. But today he is just laying there with his head down.

He is just finishing up antibiotics (he has 2 more days to go) and maybe that is why?? I hate it when my babies don't feel good, and they can't tell me why. Do I rush him off to the vet or do I just wait and observe some more?? I don't even want to go to work this morning.

could be the antibiotics - perhaps you could ring the vet and see what they say. Hope he perks up a bit soon
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Kisses to that sweet Malone. I think it might be the antibiotics, too. I would call the vet today and if he isn't feeling better by the time you get home, maybe take him to the vet. Is there any way he can be checked on at lunch? I don't blame you for not wanting to leave for work. I wouldn't either.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Poor baby. Perhaps you can call the vet and see if this is a normal reaction? Take care Malone.

I'm with everyone else Anna, I'd just call the vet and see what they had to say...what could it hurt?
    I hope he's feeling better soon. Hugs and kisses to you big boy.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Poor Malone. I looked back & couldn't find a post stating what was wrong with handsome Mr. Malone. Sorry if I missed it.

Sometimes antibiotics can upset the stomach or cause a dog to act "off". I don't know how long he has been on them for but if it is the antibiotics you probably would of noticed something within a few days.

As long as he is drinking & eating some I'd probably give him a day before I brought him back to the vets. But I'd also call the vet to make sure that is a safe thing to do. Maybe the vet can offer some free phone advice about whats going on.

Good luck & I hope he feels better soon!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Aww, poor guy. I Hope he is better soon and I agree with everyone else, call the vet and see what they have to say.

(((hugs to you both)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Have you taken his temperature? That might be something that will help you decide what to do. Generally I am fairly sensitive to what is normal for my dogs and they don't go into this kind of a mode unless they quite ill. It may be different for other dogs, but I've been fortunate to get mine to the vet when it was exactly what was needed and it resulted in a quick and complete recovery despite their needing the intervention.

I agree that whether eating and drinking are normal is another important indicator as is what going on at the other end.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Oh no! I hope sweet Malone gets to feeling better. In the meantime, Nala wanted me to take and post this for Malone..

She's got snackies for 2 and would like to know if Malone wants to cuddle up in her new bed with her while he's recovering?

Wow, Malone!! That's a nice offer from Nala. What a pretty cuddling partner for you while you're on the mend.

I hope you have a chance to get Malone to a vet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Thank you for all the well wishes and good thoughts. My hubby is home with them today, and he says that he seems to be doing a little better, a little more active. He's eating, pooping, drinking just fine, so I think we will just keep an eye on him for overnight and call in the morning.

I hope he is better by the weekend because Kara is going to be watching them while we go away for a few days, and I would hate it if he is sick. So please keep your paws crossed that this'll pass very quickly!

And thank you Nala Bala, for the offer of the cookies! Yum yum! he would like a snuggle in your new bed anytime, but he doesn't want to pass his germies on to you, too. So he doesn't know WHAT to do!

I hope Malone feels better soon.
    Enjoy your trip and try not to worry too much, I know Kara will take good care of your babies for you.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Hope you're feeling better soon Malone! My boys would be very depressed if you weren't able to come this weekend! They are looking forward to your visit!

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow Malone.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Get Well Soon Malone.