Thread: [INTRODUCING, Rocky and Riley! ]

[INTRODUCING, Rocky and Riley! ]

Hi Everyone!! I've been browsing here on and off since July, and I figure it is time for a proper introduction! I'm hoping I figured out all this picture jazz properly. You'll soon get to know that i am incredibly useless when it comes to technolog. I also recently upgraded my camera, so I am still learning the basics, so excuse the bad quality!

Wait a minute! I'm guessing you want a little background information! Right? Hmmm, Riley is my oldest son [hehehe ] He is around 10 months old. I got him in early July. He is certainly not an avid whistler. He makes the few "tweets" once in a blue moon. I'm hoping he will eventually learn.

Rocky/Rock-it, whistles a little bit more than his brother, but certainly not alot, which is weird because when I first picked him up at the petstore, he wouldnt shut up I got Rocky around the second week of August. He is around 7 months old. Now, I guess you should know that he definetely isn't a looker [ well he is to me!] He has come a long way since we got him at the petstore. He had no feathers on top of his head, his tail was [and really still is] so short it looks like he doesn't have one, but to me he is the prettiest bird in the world!

Now, I guess I should post this here. I have an ongoing problem with my two kids . They both have their wings clipped, so when they are playing with me, or out on their play pen the try to fly and it certainly is NOT a success. Rocky is probably the worst, because of his tail he ends up flying a little bit and going straight down on his so called "tail" . Riley is known to try to take some crash landings, and in the time he has been here, he has broke several blood feathers. [which is no fun for either of us]. Anyways, to keep it short, I was wondering if you cockatiel/pet lovers had any ideas as to how to keep them from "flying" and breaking their delicate [not to mention beautiful] wings?!

Introducing, my beautiful birdies. Riley and Rocky!

Hmmmm, the pictures are smaller than I would of wanted them to be, but what the heck! Im learning!

Rocky and Riley are adorable!! Thanks for sharing them with us!!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

cuties
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Thank you all. Is anyone else interested in seen some more pictures of them?

*Living with the Hillbillies* Southern West Virginia
    They are cuties!
    ~Tina~

They're adorable!!! I'd love to see more pics of them!

Regarding what you said about them breaking their tails...I think its a young tiel thing. My two used to do the same thing at that age, but now, at 6 years, they don't anymore. They stopped breaking their precious tails when they were around 2 years old. Clumsy baby thing.

Welcome to PT.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 09-12-2005 at 12:37 PM.

Welcome to you and both your little sweeties. Would love some more pic's!!!

Tyson I miss you
    You will always be in my heart

Rocky & Riley

They are so pretty..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Originally posted by popcornbird

Regarding what you said about them breaking their tails...I think its a young tiel thing. My two used to do the same thing at that age, but now, at 6 years, they don't anymore. They stopped breaking their precious tails when they were around 2 years old. Clumsy baby thing.

Welcome to PT.

Thank you everyone! I will post some new pictures soon.

Thank you popcornbird!! I'm glad they will grow out of it

Also, they fly off my hand (well not really fly, more dive bomb) all the time. How can I get it so they will stay on my hand?

Welcome Rocky and Riley!! You have some beautiful tiels, and they sound sooo sweet!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins