Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you get if? Bred Neo w/...

What would you get if? Bred Neo w/...

How much money would you get from buyers if you bred a Neo with a Dalmatian? What about a Neo/Golden?

Neo/Boxer
    Neo/Lab
    Neo/Curly Coat
    Neo/Dachshund
    Neo/Aussie
    Neo/Border Collie
    Neo/Cattle Dog
    Neo/Pit Bull ?

I have owned a Neo/Rottweiler before, but I was thinking, would you earn big money for one of the breeds listed above? I'm not thinking about breeding my dogs or anything, but what if?

I don't think any mixes or breeds are worth more than others. There are tons of mixes in the pounds...

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

You might but the only reason people would get them is because they think its some rare breed and they know nothing about back yard breeders and puppy mills. Like Wolfie said, there are already plenty of mutts in shelters/rescues around the world.....

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I agree with those two, they would be the same amount, but there are plenty of mixes in the shelter.

Steph and Jes

Neo Mix

I guess so...
    At my local pound there are always purebred Neos or Neo mixes there.

I don't ever think about any amount of money being made from any dog, purebred or mix. All that matters to me is that they are being bred to improve the breed.
    NO ONE should EVER breed a mutt on purpose, nor should they breed any dog who is not completely healthy & meets the breeds standards.
    I strongly dislike anyone who breeds just for the profit. There is no reason to as there are so many dogs in the shelters. Beautiful dogs that would make awesome pets are being put to sleep every day because there is simply not enough homes for them.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Cross breeds loose all "value" money wise and usually are only worth an adoption fee. I would be curious as to what a neo/dal mix looked like!

Niņo & Eliza

HEY

Wait a minute- What was that? Did you say cross breds should no be bred? CROSS BREEDS DESERVE A LIFE TOO!!

9. I think they were trying to say that, if they weren't so many BYBs out there, there would be homes for many pups. I think.

...no need to go bashing people...

Designer breeds make me groan. My coworker has a "pom-chi" and sure it's cute and seems like a great dog, but there are so many mutts in shelters out there that purposely breeding them does nothing but increases the dog overpopulation. I have no problem with breeding dogs to improve the breed, but puppy mills and pet stores that sell them are kind of gross.

Originally posted by MastiffCrazy10
    HEY

Wait a minute- What was that? Did you say cross breds should no be bred? CROSS BREEDS DESERVE A LIFE TOO!!
    No, they should not be bred. Why would you want to add to the already millions upon millions of dogs that lose their lives each year in animal shelters by just breeding more of them? The people who breed these cross-breeds (mutts) are just doing it in order to make a profit and keep up with the "trend". Most of them couldn't care less where these dogs end up, and more then likely, most of them will end up in a shelter at some point in their life. The only people who should be breeding are those that want to improve their breed.

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    No, they should not be bred. Why would you want to add to the already millions upon millions of dogs that lose their lives each year in animal shelters by just breeding more of them? The people who breed these cross-breeds (mutts) are just doing it in order to make a profit and keep up with the "trend". Most of them couldn't care less where these dogs end up, and more then likely, most of them will end up in a shelter at some point in their life. The only people who should be breeding are those that want to improve their breed.
    i agree

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

You should'nt even consider breeding dogs inless you are willing to LOOSE money.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by MastiffCrazy10
    HEY

Yup, thats what I am saying & I'm sure most others are too.

Granted they are very cute & they sure do deserve a life too. But to purposely breed them is wrong. As mentioned before there are MILLIONS of mutts/designer dogs that would make AWESOME companions that are being KILLED every year because they have no homes. Why add to that number? Most of the people that breed these dogs are in it just for the money, they could care less about the health of the dog or what home it goes to.

If you truly cared about dogs you would only breed to improve the breed. Therefore you would have to spend a fortune to make sure you have awesome healthy dogs and do the same with the puppies, thus actually loosing money.

I have a mutt, Nanook, got him from a shelter the day before he was to be put to sleep. He was there fromt he time he was almost 4 months of age until 8 months when he came home with me.
    Raustyk's not a mutt (or at least we don't think so) she also came from a shelter, on death row as well.

I have nothing against mixed breeds, they are AWESOME! I just do not think they should be bred on purpose.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Now that you say it that wat, I totally agree with you GoldenRetrieverLover