Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MN people live in Igloo's?

MN people live in Igloo's?

I don't know why I thought of this, but I thought that I would share this:

My friend was talking on MSN to a guy in Florida, and he asked if we live in Igloos in MN? And if it stayed 45 below all the time.

Guess what her answer was,"Oh yes! The warmest it gets here is 0 degrees farenheigt (sp?) It is 42 below right now, and my mom left two hours ago to get some fish for supper. She will be back in about one hour!"

LOL!!! I thought that this was funny, hope you enjoy!

Steph and Jes

Haha, good answer!
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Oh my goodness. I would have thought that old way of thinking was gone, what with the internet, etc. FYI - our igloo here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada melted away last week in the unexpected heat and now we're freezing out in the elements as it is currently raining.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

That is what I was thinking. How in the world can you live in an igloo and still have electricity.
    Our igloo's melted a couple of months ago buddy!!!!

I think that some people need a life!
    Steph and Jes

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Igloos? Did someone mention igloos? Yes, up here in Alaska we live in igloos too! Yep, year around I'm hacking away blocks of ice repairing my home. Well, better go. I've got to hook up the dog sled and mush my huskies down to the river to haul back some drinking water. Of course, I guess I could just melt some snow.....
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Igloos? Well yeah, isn't that what everyone lives in? I mean, up here in Saskatchewan, the igloos are basically year round. Right now the kids are out helping to remake the big igloo, for this upcoming school year. Everyone loves just getting cozy in there, learning and all. I mean, when you have a school the size of 19, you really need to start making a bigger igloo.

Ack, brb. Some idiot just made me a window. Gotta go find some fresh snow and patch it up.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Hahahaha!! It is so funny what stupid questuons people can come up with!!!

I've gotten the same questions many times before.. some people just dont have any brains, tisk, tisk, tisk.

oh ya, my fav food is raw whale blubber, mmmmmm

Reminds me of being from Louisiana--Everyone thinks we all had alligators in our backyards or that we are all from New Orleans.

LOL!!!! I know what you mean. You gotta go out every day and go get water and food.

MariaM, lol, stupid people!!! Why would they make a hole in there?

I LOVE raw whale blubber too! Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, Tasty!

In Louisiana? Alligators! I thought that there were! J/K!!! When will people learn?

I love these answers. I know everyone up Nort' lives in igloo's ya know! Especially those Canadians, Alaskans, and Scandinaviks

Steph and Jes

It's like when people have this big misconception about Pittsburgh. I get a lot of comments like "Do you still have a lot of smoke in your city?" Everyone thinks we still have a lot of steel mills and the air is so smoky. NOT TRUE!

No we don't have kangaroos hopping along the main streets in the largest cities!

I know everyone up Nort' lives in igloo's ya know! Especially those Canadians, Alaskans, and Scandinaviks

Yup, we Canucks live in igloos. Now if you will excuse me, my west wall is melting.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Watch out for the global warming!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

A lot of people think that everything in Nevada outside of Vegas is still a barren wasteland and we drive around in covered wagons.

Excuse me, I have to go hunt jackrabbits for dinner and wash up in the stream lol.