Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New additions to the "family"

New additions to the "family"

I found out last night that I have been approved by a local rescue group to adopt two more cats. I don't have pictures yet and it maybe awhile before I get any. They are a set off 11 month old brothers born feral. Newton is perfectly healthy but his brother, Ptolemy is blind in one eye and has 70% vision in the other eye. Thanks to CCL and Magoo I felt brave enough to adopt a special needs cat...

Since they were feral it will take awhile to incorporate them into the household, but please wish me luck with them!!!

Oh Cheryl, I just can't wait to meet them! I'm sure they will adjust to your new home just beautifully! When do you pick them up again? I forget Need some help on the pickup? Call me.
    Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Right now I am making arrangements with their foster mom to get them. I am sure it will be difficult for her to part with them so I am willing to go according to her schedule. But I would like to get them on Sunday (if possible). I will let you know and maybe you could come with me.

Thank you so much for adopting ferals! The ferals we have are some of the most loving ones once they came around! Good luck and can't wait for photos.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Yeah! Congratulations! I'm so happy for these two boys and so excited for you! I know you will do a great job with them and soon you will never know they had been feral at one time in their lives.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Congratulations! I am so glad you decided to adopt them. Mark my words, you will not be sorry (but I bet you will have your moments of doubt, early on).

Were their pictures posted on petfinder? (that way we could get a sneak peak at them)

Congrats to you, and especially those two special boys! I recently adopted a blind kitty as well, she is such a blessing!!!
    The feral thing can be overcome as well ... it just takes time and a lot of patience! We're all here when you need us!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

CONCATULATIONS! I'm looking forward to hearing their stories and seeing pictures of them as well....
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Two of them and brothers to boot, I am so jealous! And as you have seen with Magoo, sightless kitties do NOT see being blind as a handicap! You are going to be thrilled that you have them and they you have a very special one... (I will not call him "special needs" because he is just a cat in a dark world)

Magoo was here to teach us ALL lessons and he did his job well! Three cheers for the Gooster!

Yaaaaaa GOOOOOOOO!
    YAAAAAAA GOOOOOOOO!
    Hip Hip Horrah GOOOOOOOOO!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

YIPPEE!!! Wonderful wonderful news!! My personal opinion is that ferals make the most loving pets once you gain their trust. It takes a lot of time and they are generally only loyal to a few people but those people are so lucky!
    You know we are all here for you if you need anything and Magoo says to let you know that if you have any special questions he would be happy to share what he can with you. Jan (QSA) is a fountain of info on handicapped as well as feral, Kim just adopted a blind kitty, and I have suffered through a little of both. Blind and feral that is! There are lots of others as well that will be able to offer tons of advice and suggestions too so don't forget that we are all here if you need us.
    I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to have some trying times ahead but I promise it will be worth every minute of it!

Well I get to pick them up tomorrow, so maybe I will even have pictures by tomorrow night...

Wow Cheryl, how sweet to adopt 2 more cats!! They don't realise it yet, but they are the luckiest cats in the world right now!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Okay, here are the petfinder.org pictures of the newest additions to the "family". Right now they are hiding out in my office, but I did manage to pet bother of them last night (I found their hiding spot) and I saw Ptolemy this morning.

I promise better pictures soon!!

The first one is for Ptolemy who is blind in one eye and has partial sight in the other.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

This is his brother Newton...

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

They are both handsome fellows. Will you be keeping their names or changing them?