5 15.15%
  • Adults

5 15.15%
  • Both

23 69.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: puppies or adults?

puppies or adults?

Everyone I know thinks I'm weird because I prefer adult dogs over pups lol. I just think adults are much cuter and they're more fun to be around. That's not to say that I don't like pups though because I do love them What do all of you prefer?
    Last edited by Tollers-n-Dobes; 04-10-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

i'd rather get a dog when it was a pup, that way i can train it straight from scratch.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

For some reason, I don't see what other people see in puppies. They don't appeal to me...I know I'm crazy huh? I LURRRRVE adult dogs- especially purebreds in show coat. My GAWD! They're beyong beautiful!

I like both, but if I ever get a dog I think it will be an adult. I just don't picture myself adopting a puppy, I'm not sure why but I just don't. LOL maybe because I really want to adopt a retired greyhound!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

A dog is a dog, puppy or not..

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I chose adult and that's just based on the fact that my adult dogs were much easier to train than my puppy was. Never again will I get a puppy.

we love both...puppies are just...well, beyond adorable...the cuteness is unbelievable, BUT.....they are not house trained..
    they shred EVERYTHING they get their little paws on...it is kinda
    cute when they get food all over their face...they make such a mess doing anything...after ALOT of patients...you can help them grow up to be these beautiful, well trained, love you forever adults...

if MAXIMUS would agree, we would probably have to get a
    puppy...

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Puppies are adorable, but sometimes I'd rather not go through all the work, so I'd rather adopt an adult. My mother is the one who forced me to get a puppy when she agreed to let me have a dog. I had my heart set on an 8-year-old cocker named Sleepy. I want to rescue senior dogs when I get my own place and settle down. I love how wise they seem at time and how they sometimes seem to find their "inner puppy". I think its a great idea for people with kids to adopt an older dog. In my case if I got Sleepy in my freshman year of high school he would probably be, dare I say it, dead by now and I wouldn't have to leave him behind to go to college. It may sound selfish, but I hate leaving Autumn and she is just as stressed with me gone. My little sister wants to get a dog when Pepper goes, so I'm going to try my hardest to convince them to get an older dog because she is already ten and will be either in college or out of the house in 8 years. Its a lot easier to go to college or find your own place when you don't have pets to worry about and then when you are settled to get a dog. This may also sound selfish but if I rescue older dogs I can enjoy many more different breeds and personalities rather than having one or two dogs to enjoy over some 10-12 years I'd have several for a few years at a time and it would be the best retirement they could ask for.
    In the same sense I plan to buy two more adult hissing cockroaches and I don't plan to breed them because, no matter how cute they are, I don't like going through all the baby work, just give me the end product please.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I love puppies because they are fun to watch and easy to carry, but I love adults more. The temperament they have now will be the one they always have, so no surprises, they have more of an attention span to learn and be trained than a puppy and they can hold their bladders longer.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

I love both, but I cant wait until my future catahoula grows up. I would rather get a dog as a puppy, so that I can train from scratch and watch him grow up, but I won't be able to wait until he's full grown. At that point he's ready for anything. He can finally participate in physical dog sports, he will have learned so much, and he will be a big body that I can hug and feel protected by.
    I've been BOO'd!

Both are SO cute and adorable...though I LOVE puppies SOOOO much!!!! I couldn't choose really though...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Puppies I think. I love watching them grow up and being a part of their beginnings in life. And I can't resist those cute lil' puppy faces and lil' paws and such.

I've never had an adult dog though. Figure, I'll wait to do that, when I'm too old for puppies. But while I'm active enough to keep up with'em, I would still get a puppy I think. Mainly because they're in your life that much longer.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I too think most breeds are much cuter/elegant as adults rather than puppies. An exeption would have to be a nice brindle boxer with good natural ears as a puppy.

Niño & Eliza

i like both. i like them when their puppies because they are so cute, but it's aslo great when they get older and start listening to you more

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

both
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.