Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ewwww, Ewwww, Ewww!!!

Ewwww, Ewwww, Ewww!!!

I just discovered that Tigger has LOTS of flea eggs

I thought it was SAND all over him, and they are all little black things, I'm pretty sure that's what they are.

My dad and I used a "Shop Vac" trying to vacuum some off, because we can't put any flea stuff on him because I think he's alergic to it.

Any suggestions are helpfull!!

Do flea shots kill eggs?

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Diatamaceous earth.

Really! It a natural product that kills fleas and ants.

http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?ite...arth&ovtac=PPC

Thanks Richard!

Do you know if it's in Canada?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

You could try a bath with the original Dawn dish soap. That kills fleas. If that is too strong for him, try johnsons baby shampoo, it also works well for sensitive skin, and he will smell great

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Poor thing!!

Is he on the flea shot? If so, there shouldn't be flea eggs on him, the shot prevents fleas from reproducing.

I would suggest flea shampoo.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    Thanks Richard!

Do you know if it's in Canada?
    I don't see why not.

Try an hardware or nursery!

The only thing I know of that kills flea eggs is Revolution, a topical pesticide that will get rid of fleas, flea eggs, earmites and ticks.

Dawn won't do anything for fleas and flea eggs. When I took Mandy to the vet, she was loaded with fleas and flea eggs. The vet told me to put Revolution on all my cats. He said that if any flea eggs hatched in the house, they'd hop a ride on a cat and die.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Is he on the flea shot? If so, there shouldn't be flea eggs on him, the shot prevents fleas from reproducing.
    He hasn't had one yet, we weren't sure what to do since we couldn't use any liquid stuff, and we found out before winter about I *think* an advantage shot that lasts 6 months?

We got alot of the eggs with the shop/shot? vac, and also by brushing him.

So if he got the shot now, it wouldn't get rid of the eggs, right?

Oh and what exactly is Revolution?

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I remember when Mason was INFESTED with fleas. It was so gross I got the itchies everytime I thought about it. We put, something can't remember the name, on him a regular flea thing and they went away. Good luck since he's allergic! I feel so bad for him!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm not sure what the shot is you're referring to, but you most likely will have to treat all your pets. Either Revolution, or Advantage, or if it's available in Canada, Capstar (? think that's right) works well. All are available through vets offices, and are the safest for pets. The first two are topical, and you apply it between the shoulder blades where they can't lick it. Capstar is a daily pill that will eventually break the flea life cycle, and is very safe. It's a good idea to find a pet friendly spray for the house, that will kill off eggs lodged in crevices. The black stuff you are seeing is not eggs, but flea dung. Eggs look like salt, but oval shaped when you look with a magnifier. YICK! Use a flea comb on everyone in your house...especailly the back area just above the tail, and cheeks. Fleas seek out the moisture from animals mouths, and back ends..YUCK! I'm curious about this shot you're talking about. Any shot that lasts six months would have me running in the other direction!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I would use Capstar first; it kills all fleas within 24 hours but does not last long in the system. Then I would get your kitty on some flea/tick preventive such as Revolution or Advantage. I'm sorry that Tigger has fleas! They are the worst..
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

I'm glad all the black stuff isn't eggs!

I've tried a couple different kinds of liquid stuff for fleas on Tigger, and he goes crazy, shakes..etc, the first time I actually thought that he got poisened or something

Our vet doesn't sell Capstar for some reason, when we adopted Emma, the shelter told us that she had been treated with Capstar, so I was going to continue using that but our vet said they don't sell it.

Also our vet told me that there was no pill for cats(because our dogs take sentinel(sp), but that there was a shot for fleas that lasts 6 months , I've been wondering about it, and that's why he hasn't had one yet.

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    EWWWWW..the black stuff is flea crap. It's what they nourish the new hatchlings with. I was watching the grossest show on Animal Planet about "Extreme Biters", and fleas ranked 2nd? on the list of 10. They will consume far more blood than they need, but what they excrete goes to feed the millions of offspring they produce. YUCK! I find that if I wet my fingers with water first, and make a clean part through the fur, then the Advantage goes on easier. Helps to have a helper too. Revolution (I think) can be squirted in one spot along the shoulder blades, and absobes fast. Stock up, as it may be a problem for a while.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

If you wet that black grit (that is what I call it), watch and see turn red ! Flea waste.....blood that they have sucked from their food supply.

Terriable that your Tigger is allergic to the flea treatments... I would be concerned that if he is allregic to the topical treatemnt, that he may be allregic to the injectable stuff... Can they test him somehow, before giving him a full does?

(I am a Mom and I worry about such things)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I would get An Ova Colalr,at the Vets,and Flea Drops,Revolution,and sadly,you might have to have the Rugs,and Chairs fumigated!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS