Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pray Oreo is negative

Pray Oreo is negative

If you read this then you know I have 2 strays coming my way. Sneakers has been caught. He tested positive for FIV . Oreo has eluded capture until this morning (thank God, as the blizzard started late this morning). We REALLY need her to test negative. She is very scared and a scaredy cat with FIV will not be adopted readily. So if you have any spare prayers or good vibes, think about Oreo.

This is Oreo

And this is Sneakers

Jen, big time prayers and positive thoughts on the way that Oreo is negative.

Such a beautiful cat Oreo is and Sneakers has the sweetest looking face. I'm sorry to hear he tested positive for FIV.

Wishing you all the best with these two.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Sending prayers for Oreo. FIV cats can, and do live a long and full life in most cases though. I've known plenty of people who have FIV + cats in with negative ones, and just as long as there's no biting going on, the chances of others contracting it are so slim. They are adorable Jen. Check out Best Friends in Utah's article about FIV.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Good luck Oreo. I am sorry your tabby brother tested positive. I hope you come out negative. Please calm down sweetie.

Jen they are precious! Prayers are certainly on the way that Oreo is negative.
    I have also heard the same about FIV cats and they can safely live with others. I think they usually do very well once they are in a good controlled environment where they can be monitored for any oncoming sickness. A lot of them never show signs of the illness and live long healthy lives.
    Hopefully someone will be willing to give these babies a loving home with or without HIV.
    Where did they place Sneakers?

You and I know that FIV is NOT a death sentance, but we need to educate the public. Sneakers is at the vets with a BAD URI! We have not decided on a place for him yet. It may be right here with me. We are weighing the options. I do not fear the disease, what I fear is a long-term foster that no-one wants to adopt. It may sound selfish, but I like the fosters to come and GO. Not just live here ad-infinitum.

I am working on a bit of research that will allow me to write a small article about FIV to give to potential adopters. Care to help me with my research? Who can search the web effectively to weed out the truth from the hear-say?

Jen I would love to read the article that you come up with. I was trying to do something similar when I was working at the shelter but I didn't get very far. I was trying to come up with something very short to add to PetFinder when we showed pictures of the HIV kitties. I couldn't come up with anything that wasn't loooooong and drawn out.
    Please share your article when you get it done.

Prayers on the way that poor Sneakers gets well soon. Poor baby.

Oh Jen, I do hope that Sneakers' immune system is strong enough at this point to fight this nasty URI.
    Prayers coming that beautiful Oreo tests negative, and can learn to enjoy being a spoiled indoor kitty and having a real home!

Please keep us updated on these two sweeties!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I sure hope Oreo is negative. Do you know if they're related, or just grouped together? Good luck on the article and please share with all once finished.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'll keep my fingers crossed and all the best wishes to Oreo that she tests negative.

The Found Cats,are praying for Oreo,that he is all right,and that he can live,to get his Furr Ever Home!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good luck to bot Oreo and Sneakers!!

ps. The name "Oreo" reminds me of a cookie we used to buy in St.Louis. Is that where you got the name from?
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

yes, Oreo's are a black cookie with a white filling and the cat is....black and white . It is a little to common for my taste in names, but his rescuer named her, so we will leave it as is.

Jen,

I am praying that oreo test negative, but if he doesn't I know you will do the very best for him. There aren't many people who will give an FIV+ cat a chance to be loved. Alot of animal rescue groups and vets too will just put them to sleep without even trying to place them. I know because I rescued a cat that tested postive for FIV back in October 1999. Up to that point I had always taken my rescues to my vet and she always found homes for them, but for some reason when I was trying to rescue Ivy I decided to let the rescue group that I borrowed the trp from have him tested first. They assured me that if I trapped him and he tested postivie that they had a place for him to be fostered. Well, guess what, I trapped him first time I tried , first time I have even tried to trap an animal. He turned out to be positive and they all of a sudden didn't have room right then, they would have a place in a month. Ivy was also feral so I had to tame him before he would even be able to be adopted. He was neutered and stayed at a vet for awhile until the group couldn't keep him there anymore. So I didn't have much of a choice , I was not going to re release him, I didn't have a place for him. i talked a frined , who doesn't even like cats into letting him stay at his apt. At the time the group was still suppose to have a place for him. He was suppose to only be there for a month. Well Ivy is still there and is very happy although my friend still would rather him not be there. For being feral , Ivy turned out to be one of my most affectionate cats. We have this very strong bond and even if this group had said they had a place I never could have let him go. We are too close. As far as his condition, once i figured out he was going to be with me for awhile I took him to my vet and she started him on monthly injections of egstim, a medicine that helps to keep him in remission. he has been doing real good and if ya didn't know it you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with him. the past year though he has started showing more symptoms fo the disease and is now getting the injections every two weeks and is on Baytril and Clindacure all the time. His hair has recently started falling out more so she put him on a vitamin. he is also diabetic so I have to give him insulin injections twice a day. I was over there today before I went to work and just looking at him wondering how much longer I will have him. I mean he is still doing pretty good but with his disease you just never know. When his time comes I will be so lost without him. He is so special to me. So I want to thank you for all that you do for ALL the homeless cats out there. I hope that oreo isn't + but if he is you are the one that will fiind him a good loving furever home.

Doo=^..^=
    Attached Images Attached Images