Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on Tucker

Clarification on Tucker

In order to be sure I didn't confuse anyone, I had originally thought that Tucker might definitely need to be PTS on Monday .... however my husband and I have since made a decision.... this was added to the original post by rg_girlca (thank you, Lorraine) ... but I am going to copy and paste it here so that everyone sees the "latest" decision. Of course, with each passing day, things may change ... I will try to keep you all updated on the latest, and I thank you so much for your continued prayers of support. This is truly a dark time for us.

Crossposted:

Update on my Tucker Man...
    First of all let me say how much all of your prayers and concerns and words of love, mean to me. This is such an unbearable time for me right now, and just knowing that you are here for me is a gentle relief.

Tucker felt warm to me yesterday and was going to his litterbox every few minutes with no results. I was sure that he had a urinary blockage, so I rushed him to the Emergency Vets, as my vets' office had just closed about an hour before. (of course)

I had to leave Tucker there for about 30 minutes while I ran my youngest daughter to work. I told them briefly what he had been treated for, and that I thought he was blocked. When I returned a mere 30 minutes later, they had a vial of yellowish fluid that they had drawn from his abdomen. This is the tell-tale giveaway of FIP. He was not blocked, but he was constipated. After my initial outburst of emotion, I asked what could I do to make him more comfortable in the present time. They suggested I leave him for about 3 hours, so they could give him an enema to relieve the constipation. So.... I went home in my cloud of disbelief to wait until 6pm. Jerry was at his Dad's house watching the UT game, so I just waited to tell him until he got back home.

I picked my baby boy up at 6:00 and brought him home. Jerry returned only minutes later, and we cried together over our baby boy. It just seems so unfair, and hard to accept at this point.

Tucker slept on me most of the night, as he loves to do, and I will lie here for as long as he has, to allow him to be close to me. It just seems so hard to believe, because he is eating pretty well now, even without the stimulant ... but I know he is not his "normal" self.

Jerry and I have decided that tomorrow we will only inform my vet about the weekend horror, and ask her LOTS of questions. We want to know if periodic draining of the fluid in his belly will help him at all. We will do whatever we can to extend his time here with us. As long as he is able to comfortably give and receive love, then he will NOT be PTS!!!!! The Emergency vet also gave us a 7-day supply of pain medication to give him, but right now he doesn't seem notably in pain. Yesterday when he was constipated, YES he was in pain to the touch ... would hollar and even growl at me, but not since he got some relief.

We are going to do whatever is necessary for as long as my Tucker man tells me that he still wants to keep trying!

Please continue to pray that he will thrive a bit longer, and that when his time comes, he will pass gently in our loving arms. I really do not want to have to take him anywhere again at this point. I am also going to ask my vet about possibly having him PTS here at home, in our bed ... when the time comes.

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh, Kim! I'm glad Tucker seems to be feeling better today. I pray that the vet appointment tomorrow will be positive.

I'll be praying for you all. Kiss that Tucker boy for me...lots of times.

If you need anything, PM or email me.

Love, Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I, too, am hoping the vet visit will be positive!

I'm glad your waiting to see what can be done and what can help.

Tucker will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope to hear some happier updates soon!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Kim, I'll be praying for you and Tucker. If you need anything, I'm here for you anytime.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Tucker has been in my thoughts and prayers all day today. I have been so upset about him and how heartbroken you must be duing this time of trouble. "Ours is not to reason WHY...." But one can not help it at times like these!!!! I will continue to pray for that sweet boy and you and you know we are all here when you need friends who understand. Keep us posted, PLEASE!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I hope Tucker feels better following treatment and that what ever time you guys have left together is both happy and quality time.

{{{HUGS}}} We know he is your special boy, and that you'll do everything humanly possible to make him happy and comfortable.

I could not read this without crying. We are all praying for you and Tucker! I hope you get some good news at the vets. I think you are doing what is best for him. Good luck!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

You and Tucker are in our prayers - we do so hope for a miracle, and those are possible! Hang in there, Tucker!

Kim, I'm so sorry. I know how much Tucker means to you, I love the website you have on Tucker, he's a beauitful cat. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tucker, and yes please don't give up hope. There's always hope and I will pray for Tucker.

I will think of you and Tucker all night and pray for the forces to do what they do- poor boy... sending love, love love.... Tucker is a love and so are you, don't forget that as you go to sleep tonight....

Oh Kim, I’m so very sorry and my heart goes out to you.
    I’m hoping for a miracle and that you have lots of special time left with your precious boy.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Kim: I'm sitting here crying like a baby, so I can only imagine how you feel . . . I'm so sorry that your Tucker man is sick. It's just not fair.

I am glad that you're giving him more time . . . he knows that you're worried about him . . . I'm sure he'll hang on until he knows that you're ready to let him go.

Tucker is in my prayers . . . and so are you & your husband. Take care & keep us updated.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

My heart goes out to your and your family. I know exactly what you are going through and it's so heartbreaking My very best wishes and prayers go out to your Tucker.

Oh Kim. My heart breaks for you.
    I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..