Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mothers day gift...horse drawing..

Mothers day gift...horse drawing..

I was trying to think of something to get my mom. I had no clue to be honest what to get her. I went out shopping and ended up unsure if I should get this or that. I desided I'd *try* to draw her a pic. I drew a couple horse pictures before, so I thought I'd try again seeing she likes them..oddly enough lol.

Anyway, I've been working on this for a few hours believe it or not O_O' I thought I was pretty much done other then touch ups and cleaning up the lines..I was drawing it pretty big, so when I resized it, I noticed the legs were kinda short! lol. Anyway, I need to fix it so I cropped the oogly legs out (I CANNOT draw legs/hoofs if my life depended on it) So yeah..What do you think? I like some of it, I know it needs work still, but remember, it's not done

(I know the top of the legs are too small XD need to fix that as well, just wanted to show you my start of it)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

That's AWESOME, Audrey!

I wish I had half the drawing skills you have.

Be sure to show it to us when it's finished! I'm sure your mom will love it, and that it'll come out great!

I think that's awesome!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Thanks

I've actually drawn a few things. I don't consider myself an artist (maybe photography), but, there are a few things I've been able to draw well. I drew a horse (kind of a bust, just from the shoulders up) from a "draw horses" book. I've kept it for years. If I can get to a scanner, and, don't feel nervous about posting it, I'll put it up and see what you think. My ex boyfriend inspired my creativity. I've written several poems, mostly sad or negative, unfortunately, but, still ok. And, I can't really draw very many things, but, for some reason, I've been able to draw him really well. Again, if I can get the nerve to post them, I will. Seeing yours makes me want to share! I can't wait to see the finished drawing, although, if I were to receive just what you've drawn already, I would love it! It's really impressive!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

That's a really good drawing. i wish i were good at drawing, i'd have so much fun if i was. well anyways, i'm sure your mom will love it. are you going to color it or anything?

I think it looks great, and she'll love it just because it's from her daughter!!

LOD! LOD LOD LOD!!!!!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

It's a good start. For the legs. get some thinner paper, lay it over what you've done, and keep drawing sets of legs 'til you've got a set that look right - THEN add them in on the real thing. Nice expression on the horse's face, too. The neck could be a bit thicker, not much, but it's a teeny bit thin to be holding up that head.

Of course your mom will like it - YOU made it!

Originally posted by guster girl
    I've actually drawn a few things. I don't consider myself an artist (maybe photography), but, there are a few things I've been able to draw well. I drew a horse (kind of a bust, just from the shoulders up) from a "draw horses" book. I've kept it for years. If I can get to a scanner, and, don't feel nervous about posting it, I'll put it up and see what you think. My ex boyfriend inspired my creativity. I've written several poems, mostly sad or negative, unfortunately, but, still ok. And, I can't really draw very many things, but, for some reason, I've been able to draw him really well. Again, if I can get the nerve to post them, I will. Seeing yours makes me want to share! I can't wait to see the finished drawing, although, if I were to receive just what you've drawn already, I would love it! It's really impressive!
    You should post it! I bet it looks great If I can post all the stuff I do, then you should post yours too! You definitely shouldn't feel nervous about posting it, though

That's a really good drawing. i wish i were good at drawing, i'd have so much fun if i was. well anyways, i'm sure your mom will love it. are you going to color it or anything?
    Thanks I may color it, it depends. The others I have done for her are just sketchy like, so I may do this one the same and print it out for her. I'll most likely color it, but it may not be the one I give her

I think it looks great, and she'll love it just because it's from her daughter!!
    I hate that haha. I could draw something really stupid and effortless and be like, here. And she'd be like OMG, it's great!! (even though it's just a squiggly line) lmao. My sister gave her a quarter when she was a kid, and mom still has it So that's why if I do something like this, I really have no idea if she actually likes it, or if it's just her 'mothery-ness' that likes it

LOD! LOD LOD LOD!!!!!
    Yes, only this one has 4 LOD's. FOUR!! Soon to take over the world. Yes. The next president will be a LOD so watch out. (I'd vote for Mr. LOD though myself..)

Originally posted by Karen
    It's a good start. For the legs. get some thinner paper, lay it over what you've done, and keep drawing sets of legs 'til you've got a set that look right - THEN add them in on the real thing. Nice expression on the horse's face, too. The neck could be a bit thicker, not much, but it's a teeny bit thin to be holding up that head.

Of course your mom will like it - YOU made it!
    Thanks for the suggestions Actually it's all done on the computer so no paper I suppose I could do something like that though with the program, good idea! The neck is suppose to be under it's mane..I guess I messed it up though haha

Just like Karen and Kay said, your mother will love it, because you, her daughter took the time to draw it for her. Trust me, I know.

It is very good, I like it.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I think it looks great! I never would have guessed it was done on the computer. That just amazes me.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Wow, that is awesome!

Everyone gave great suggestions, I can't wait to see the finished product!

I am sure your mom will love it!

WOW!!!!! I think that drawing is AWESOME!!!

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Thanks so much