Thread: Send your Kitty to the Hall of Fame!

Send your Kitty to the Hall of Fame!

Enter: Friskies Photo Contest

For 12 people who win, your cat will be used on a calendar. First prize winner gets $2,500 (plus a free year of friskies, but I don't use that kind of food...) and the other 11 get a free year of friskies cat food.

BUT, more importantly, your kitty gets the fame and admiration he/she deserves

Good luck!

Visit Dragon's Lair: http://www.water-spirit.com/Dragons_Lair

Shop at CAT-alog: www.CAT-alog.com

It's really the cat's house. I just pay the mortgage.
    Anonymous

Welcome to Pet Talk Davena. I just love the pics of your furbabies and I hope you've entered. I'll have to find a good picture of mine but they are not very photogenic.

I'm from BC too, New Westminster to be exact. Tell us more about your kitties.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well, I have three kitties who are all rescue cats.
    The oldest cat "Dragon" (already named when we got her) is 7 years old and George is next oldest at 6. Lance is the baby and he is 4 years old.

Lance has the unfortunate habit of spraying which was brought on by my trying to add a fourth cat (and, yes, Lance is neutered as are all my cats), which I had to return after about 2-3 months as the spraying got worse and worse. I have almost got it stopped again now but it was so difficult. He is lucky that he is so darned cute! Anyway, it keeps me from bringing more kitties home

Here is a couple of pics from when he was a kitten:

George mothered Lance when we brought him home and Dragon sort of puts up with both of them but acts as though she would be just as happy if neither of them had ever been brought home.
    Here is George and Lance when Lance was little:

As you can see from my picture the two of them still cuddle up together.

That is the condensed version about me and my cats.

Visit Dragon's Lair: http://www.water-spirit.com/Dragons_Lair

Shop at CAT-alog: www.CAT-alog.com

It's really the cat's house. I just pay the mortgage.
    Anonymous

Hmm.. I wonder what kind of pics they are looking for. I'll have to see if any of mine are calendar worthy!

If I win, I'll donate the food to a feral rescue!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I wanted to enter, but you have to live in the US to qualify I would also donate the food to a shelter or something.. but the money would be REALLY handy!!!

Hmmm...I'll have to enter Lock when I get home. But, I feel weird entering cuz I don't even feed Lock processed cat food, and, I certainly wouldn't feed him Friskies! And, it asks you to explain why Friskies helps your cat get more out of life! ha ha, by NOT eating it? I may still enter, though. I'd have to give the food to either a friend or a shelter or something. I don't even think Lock would eat it if I put it in his bowl. Thanks for posting this, though! It'd be cool if someone from here was even in the final 12!

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Oops, I didn't read the fine print... like the essay or the part about living in the US... that counts me out, too