Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trevor...the Furbaby without a home.

Trevor...the Furbaby without a home.

This is Trevor who lived in a cage at the shelter where I volunteer. Trevor was a beautiful cat. He would get so excited when you came into the room. He would rub and rub against the cage and stand straight up wanting you to come to him. When you went to pet him he would run away. He had become so accustomed to people grabbing him and giving him medicine that he didn't trust anymore. I would sit in front of his cage and talk to him with a gentle tone and try to get him to understand that I only wanted to love him. The problem, you see is that Trevor was deaf and he couldn't understand. We were making progress because the last time I saw him he didn't run like before. He backed away but for the first time he sniffed my hand and seemed to be learning that I was not there to medicate him. I was very happy and thought that maybe soon we could have a snuggle session.
    Two days later Trevor was found dead in his cage. Trevor was mainly medicated off and on as a precaution. He could have gone to the store to be adopted but he had to learn to trust first. No one knows why Trevor died because he seemed so healthy. His body was examined but no reason could be found.
    I want to leave this memorial behind for the sad and homeless Trevor. I only knew Trevor for a few weeks but his beautiful blue eyes touched my heart and his need for love, but so afraid, touched my soul. I wish I could have given Trevor more but there wasn't time. I know he is in good company now with Butterscotch, Bob, and so many other wonderful kitties. Even though our time together was short I do miss him. That corner of the room isn't nearly as bright.
    This is all I can do for Trevor now. Let this be a rememberance for a beautiful furry soul that had no one to love him or call his own. God Speed Trevor and I hope to see you again some day.

What a sweet memorial for a lonely soul.

Rest in peace beautiful Trevor. May you now hear the sound of your owner calling you home.

After this week, I've learned to keep a box of tissues by my computer.

From Decker with Love

Aw Trevor, sounds like you went home in search of the peace you weren't able to find here. I hope you are resting now, enjoying some sunshine and purring happily.

Originally posted by jazzcat
    After this week, I've learned to keep a box of tissues by my computer.
    I'm such a sap that I keep a box of kleenex in every room of my apartment and at work.
    Trevor, I know what it's like to be lonely and not trust anyone. Please understand that not all humans are bad and I'm glad you at least got to know someone before you decided to cross over the bridge. I don't know why you wanted to leave, but I guess you heard a calling that you couldn't resist. Perhaps you spotted a trusting human up there that would give you a good home. RIP Trevor. We love you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Godspeed sweet Trevor.
    Thank you for loving him.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh wow, Lisa ... this story really breaks my heart. I wonder what happened to him.... oh well, it's not our place to wonder ... I am sure God was ready to call him away!

Thank you for the beautiful tribute to this precious creature. Thank you soooooooo much for showing him your special love, Lisa.... I know he was moved by you for sure!!!

(((HUGS)))
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

What a special tribute for a special cat. Trevor was such a gorgeous boy - what a shame that he didn't have a furever home - but at least he passed away in the shelter, and not out in the street.

I assume that Trevor was born deaf - it is a common problem with blue-eyed white cats. I can also (sort of) understand why it would be difficult to home him - from my experiences with Connor I can tell you that a deaf cat brings a whole load of difficulties and challenges, and is MUCH harder than coping with a hearing cat.

Trevor - have fun at the Rainbow Bridge - where you can now hear all the other animals. And keep a special eye on my Connor - he needs a guardian angel to watch over him as he also goes through life not being able to hear!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Trevor is with Thai & Freddie

What a beautiful boy he was and a lovely tribute. He has no worries about medicine and is being looked after by Thai & Freddie. rest in peace, Trevor!

Rest in peace Trevor

Here is a a copy of the Rainbow Bridge Story for those cats who are alone in this earth life (bottom of the page)

Now that I am bawling my eyes out ...........

What a lovely tribute to Trevor.

And I never read that version of the rainbow bridge. It is a real tear jerker.

{{{HUGS}}} to you, LIsa and come to think of it...........to everyone who has or has lost a pet.

That's the one I was trying to think of. When I heard about all the kitties who went to the RB this week, I had a half-remembered idea about them needing to go for people who had died in wars and stuff.

Poor Trevor. One of those people is waiting for him, and he is no longer deaf.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

May he rest in peace.

Lisa,

Your beautiful touching memorial to Trevor brought me to tears this morning, even before my first cup of coffee!!

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Trevor. I am speechless!

Rest in peace sweet boy. You were loved by many, both near and far. May you hear the birds sing and see the sun shine at the Rainbow Bridge.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a sad story! Poor Trevor!!! At least you have found a friend here on Earth before you left this world!

R.I.P., sweet boy!

Kirsten

I know that this memeorial is more for me than poor Trevor. He is at peace now but it really helps me to see that he will at least be remembered here. At least a few tears will be shed for him. It just doesn't seem right to leave this world and have no one care. I know there are many but at least for Trevor I can do something in his memory.
    Thanks to all who responded because now I have the peace of heart that he is grieved for.