Thread: Cat has a problem

Cat has a problem

I dont know why he does this but my cat Tom pees everywhere, mostly on my bed. He is already like 7 years old, regular years. I dont know why he does it. It really annoys me. I have to wash my bedsheets a lot. He doesnt do it all the time but hill every now and then. I always clean his litter box everyday. So does he have some sort of problem or is it something that maybe he cant control sometimes? Thanks.

Has he been to the vet? It could be he has a urinary tract infection, which can be treated - and should be!

what is that exactly? And yeah Ill definately take him to the vet. Thanks

Originally posted by TomCat
    what is that exactly? And yeah Ill definately take him to the vet. Thanks
    Plain and simple language.... like a bladder infection in humans. Urinary tract is just that canal kittys pee orginates and flows down and out.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by Craftlady
    Plain and simple language.... like a bladder infection in humans. Urinary tract is just that canal kittys pee orginates and flows down and out.
    What Craftlady said. Sometimes the only way a kitty can get our attention and let us know that they need some help is to do something naughty. Please let us know what the vet said. Poor kitty. Maybe the vet can recommend a different kind of food. They make some for kittys that tend to get urinary track infections. Please keep us posted.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

my boyfriend's cat Abby did that. she'd even pee on us in bed...oh it mad me so mad!! we ended up taking her to his mom's farm and she hasn't had any problems there! still have no idea why she did that. she doesn't do it there! yes, she lives inside!! she will pee in the bathtub, but thats definatelay better than the bed!! Good Luck. ps-sometimes it's just behavioral

It's very likely he has a UTD (urinary tract disease). They may loose control but they can also be blocked- and that's life threatening.

He may have an inflammed baldder or urethra (like my Tigris, see thread below) or an urethral plug (Jenluckenbach's Rutherford, thread below) or crystals. All these things can have a bacterial infection in addition. In any case he has to see the vet. If he just starts with it I would not think it's behavioral.