Thread: Can't remember what the word is...

Can't remember what the word is...

Does anyone know the word for those excersises that elongate your spine? They are supposed to stretch the spaces between the spine and relieve pain. I was thinking about trying it for my back pain. It starts with a 'P'. Polahday or something lol. I wanted to look it up.

And has anyone tried it?
    I've been BOO'd!

well my mom did this thing where she pushed on my tail bone and it made my spine go straight and my back cracked LOL I dont know what its called though..hmmm
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

Piolates? I don't know how to spell it, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about *Pronounced Puh-la-ties* I've never done it, but dancers do it and it's a way to strengthen and condition yourself without getting big, bulky muscles. You get long and lean (lol). I think this it what you are thinking of
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

Thanks for the replies! I looked it up, and it's called pilates. I am going to do some research onit. I talked to a guy today who had got into a car accident and it really helped him. He said it even made him taller. Brought him from 5'11 to 6 feet in 12 weeks! I don't care if I'm taller or not, I just think that's a cool bonus lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

I think it's spelled Pilates. I've heard someone mention that before, so I think it's that lol.

EDIT: Whoops. You beat me to it.

Pilates.....

I've tried it. The exercises are very slow, deliberate and breathing is very important. There is a special way of breathing and a special way of doing all the moves. Don't let it fool you, I found it very hard.

A couple of the exercises do open up the spine and I found them very relaxing, but overall, I would never enroll again. I prefer exercise that's lively and energetic with music, something like jazzercize.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

ohh wow, I desperately need to grow a couple inches. I'm 16 and at 5'1. My brother in grade 7 is taller than me.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Yep! That's what I was talking about It does help a lot too
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

I'm 5'9". I don't want to be taller... I've lived my whole elementry-junior high years in the back at concerts cuz I was always tallest... lol

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I have heard good things about Pilates, and have been wanting to try them also. A girl I work with does them religiously, and she loves it!!!
    Maybe I'll pick up a tape today.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by slick
    Pilates.....

A couple of the exercises do open up the spine and I found them very relaxing, but overall, I would never enroll again. I prefer exercise that's lively and energetic with music, something like jazzercize.

That is exactly my thought, too! Somehow, unless I am really moving...it just doesn't seem the same to me, even though it is 'hard'. Same thing with Yoga...