As usual this time of year, the shelter is overflowing with wonderful adoptable dogs. Some of the volunteers are fostering. I unfortuately cannot because of it would be too stressful for Penny Lane, but enough people were able to foster so that no dogs had to be put down. Thought I would post some pictures of a few of the sweethearts that are available.

This is Chyenne - she is a sweetheart of a dog about 3 years old. Very shy and scared in the shelter environment, but once you get her out of the kennel - she is just a love bug. All she wants to do is sit on your lap and cuddle.

This is Egypt - she is a Jack Russell/Whippet cross (we think) about 1 year old. She is very smart, learns commands very quickly. Walks well on a leash and doesn't pull. She loves giving kisses and would like nothing better than to sit on your lap.

This is Rocky - he is one of my favorites. He has a great personality but is full of energy. He is great with other dogs and if you ask him to sit he turns and sits right at your side and looks at you with the most adorable brown eyes. He loves children but would need to be in a home with older children due to his exuberance.

Another one of my favorites. This is Siam - she is a Dalmation mix - so of course she is another one that is full of energy. Once she gets out of the kennel, however, she will start walking nicely on the leash. Her favorite thing is to lean into you for scratches and pets.

This is Spook - he is a 3mo old Lab Mix. Very sweet and playful, but doesn't show any dominant traits. He just loves to play ball and go for walks. He is actually very mellow for a 3 month old Lab - doesn't try to jump too much and loves pets and scratches under the chin.

This is Ty - he is a 8 month old Shepard Mix. He was found with another dog who was adopted a few weeks ago, so he is very lonely. Very sweet and loving - just loves giving kisses.