Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new brush

new brush

I got a new dog brush today, it was 10$ wow it is nice it is called "the groomers select, SHEDDING BLADE" it is soo cool. it has two different blades.

it is suppost to remove loose hair from the dogs coat.. It works really well and it doesnt tugg on hair that isnt loose like other dog combs. it has fine and corse teeth "which alows one person to completly brush the dog in one job "..

mine has a silver handle with purple on it it doesnt have very sharp teeth though, I like it alot...

does anyone have any experience with the shedding blade??? did you like it ??
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I have a shedding blade. I don't use it often on Daisy, but Molly needs it.

Yes, I have one and it works well. Just be careful as it can cause "brush burn" quite easily. That's where the skin becomes irritated or inflamed from the brush...especially happens with short or thin coated breeds.

Ahh, I worship this brush!! It is like a god sent from heaven. I just love mine!

Amy, thank, I never knew that and I have short coated breeds

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

You can brush burn a dog with any brush, but I think it's easier to do it with that specific brush. Just be careful not to brush too hard or too long and you shouldn't have a problem. I've only brushed burned dogs twice, and both were with that brush.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    You can brush burn a dog with any brush, but I think it's easier to do it with that specific brush. Just be careful not to brush too hard or too long and you shouldn't have a problem. I've only brushed burned dogs twice, and both were with that brush.
    thanks for the info!! I havent been able to get through to Tikeyas second layer of fur yet lol but it is coming .. I dont press hard with the brush. I love it!!! mwahaha

It's neat isn't it? I bought one for Kai a while ago. It's pretty good but my favorite is still our undercoat rake lol.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I have a undercoat rake, but I dont really like it, it pulls on hair that isnt loose and hurts my Tikeya baby lol.

Aww poor tikeya. I love ours...especially for Kaedyn. He's been shedding for a while (I'm not sure if it's his shedding time or just from the crummy food he got before he came here).

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    It's neat isn't it? I bought one for Kai a while ago. It's pretty good but my favorite is still our undercoat rake lol.
    Yep, undercoat rakes work great! For Nebo's coat I mainly use an undercoat rake and a nice *firm* slicker brush.

I HATE slicker brush's !!!!! they get hair all stuck in them and ugh they are soo messy. I love my shedding blade mwahahaha. !!! lol I am freaking out over this thing lol.

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    I have a undercoat rake, but I dont really like it, it pulls on hair that isnt loose and hurts my Tikeya baby lol.
    She probably hasn't had her undercoat brushed out entirely, that's why it hurts her...it's probably really stuck in there. Especially if she has been wet at all, it will mat up that undercoat and make it very difficult to get out. That's why it would seem to be "hair that isn't loose" but in all reality, I bet it's just stuck undercoat. It would be best for her, though it may hurt, to just brush her really well and get it all out!

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    I HATE slicker brush's !!!!! they get hair all stuck in them and ugh they are soo messy. I love my shedding blade mwahahaha. !!! lol I am freaking out over this thing lol.
    I like the fact that the slicker brushes trap hair. That way, when you are brushing you can just grab the wad of hair out and continue brushing. With the shedding blade the hair just flies everywhere and it's harder to clean up. The slicker is the only brush I'll use to brush Nebo in the house lol.

o my!!!

do you think Tikeya has matted undercoat!!! GULP!!! I will try to brush it all out tomorrow!!! Tikeya has longer hair then nebo and it is thicker looking, I have troubles brushing out her undercoat, she will yelp and whine and growl. She will also try to run away

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    I like the fact that the slicker brushes trap hair. That way, when you are brushing you can just grab the wad of hair out and continue brushing. With the shedding blade the hair just flies everywhere and it's harder to clean up. The slicker is the only brush I'll use to brush Nebo in the house lol.
    very good point lol. I noticed that when I brushed Tikeya with the shedding blade HAIR was flying EVERYWHERE lol. No wonder it is called the shedding blade, it makes hair fly everywhere. ...
    WE have a slicker brush, a shedding blade, a normal hair brush, a undercoat rake, and a metal comb.