Thread: Keep your fingers crossed...

Keep your fingers crossed...

I'm sorry if I get a little sarcastic in this story...

I don't know how many of you my remember, about a year ago I posted a thread about my friend's neighbor's dog. He is a Rottie that is not well taken care of. He used to get away and go vist my friend's house and it was 2-3 days before the people knew he was missing, so they obviuosly weren't feeding him everyday.

Well, as often goes in these stories, they got a second dog this spring. A female, mix (lab or BC), young. So when the dogs came visiting, there were now 2. And when the people would come get the dogs, they often got only the male, leaving Tabby behind. See, she was a dog they were only supposed to sit for, but then her original owners decided they couldn't take her back. They don't even really want her

I bet you know what is coming next....Puppies!!! Course of course, having two small dogs, ina pen outside, who would think to fix at least one of them?

Now comes the "keep your fingers crosssed " part. I have contacted an area resuce group that has a "litter patrol" They will fix all pets in the family and take in the puppies, get them vetted and find them good homes. They are willing to help these people and will take the puppies. So, my friend is going to talk to the owners this weekend and see if they are willing to let planned pethood help. I really, really hope they do, cause I know they will not get Zeus or Tabby fixed on their own and I can only imagine how many puppies will be prodcued if something isn't done!

So please, keep your fingers crossed that the owners will allow Planned Pethood to help get these dogs and puppies taken care of!!!

You Go,Amy!!!!!!
    What a SAD situation!!!
    What a Great Idea you have there..
    Hope it works!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

How infuriating!
    Keeping my fingers crossed !!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

People

I'll definately be keeping my fingers crossed!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

hmmmmm...I think I'll get a couple of dogs who aren't fixed and pen them together

When we adopted Jada from our spca, one condition was that all of our dogs were fixed. As it happened, Riley hadn't been yet, so his appointment was scheduled for Tuesday, and we brought Jada home on Wednesday. I would never have brought her home without him being fixed first--that's all we need!

Best of luck to these pups!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

This seems to be the common in rural areas, or so I am finding. I live in a very rural area and my -sorry-I don't mean to offend anyone, but- red neck neighbors are the same way. Every time I look around there's a new dog roaming the neighborhood. I hear the same stories all the time... "My other dog 'dissapeared' so we got this new one" When they "disappear" they are usually hit by a car or stolen or picked up by animal control and the people never go get them back-they just replace them.
    Then the best part is all the constant humping going on in the streets. Then the pups roaming the streets. Friends of mine and myself pass out flyers for the "Neuter Commuter" it's a service that shows up twice a week to pick up dogs & cats and neuter/spay them and give them their rabies shot. It is $25.00 or $5.00 if you can show you are on welfare or get food stamps. (Like you really need to be getting a pet when you can't even afford to feed your family!!!)
    But it's a great service and has cut down on the over-population in local shelters, which has cut down on the number of animals being euthanized.
    But... they just can't find the time to get there. Or they have some other excuse.
    It makes me insane!!
    Not to mention walking my dogs is impossible-because the unfixed males roaming loose-especially when there are females in heat around- Poor Tyr has had a spat with a pit bull through our chain-link fence-cause the neighbor's female was in heat and at my fence visiting Tyr and a male came up behind her and started growling at Tyr - well Tyr went nuts on that dog!-Thank God for fences!!

Any news Amy?

My fingers are crossed!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Originally posted by micki76
    Any news Amy?
    Not yet...my friend was not able to catch the neighbor home when she was this weekend, but she is still going to try. She's afraid he'll say their kids love the puppies and won't want to give them up

*fingers still crossed*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Fingers Locked!

My fingers are locked and the key is thrown away. What a POOR situation. Poor dogs!!! I just don't see why people have to be that way. It is soooo sad.