Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new stray

A new stray

I've started to feed a cute little stray that comes around our house - he's been waiting for me when I get off work everyday this week now We have called him Frodo Poor thing isn't neutured ... I really wish I could help - If only it was cheaper to neuter around here

here's Mr.Frodo

He has a little scratch on his nose .. must get into fights with the other strays

awww he's so cute !! Are there any tnr type programs in your area? Sometimes, vets will make special allowances for a sob story I would call around and see what you can find!

good luck!

Agreed. You should make some calls and see if anyone's willing to do a pro-bono for Frodo.

Hmm...that sounds like a good idea - I guess I need to know if he really is a stray first of all - he seems like one - he's always craving attention and always hungry when he's around and his fur is so coarse ... he doesn't seem like he has an owner but on our street you never know ....

Awww he's really cute and has such interesting markings around his nose
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Frodo sure looks like a real sweetie! I wish you luck on finding a vet that might neuter him for free. I wish vets would do things like that. At least these poor strays have caring people that worry for their well being, and neutering/ spaying them sure would help with the over population of homeless cats.

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

Johanna, I hope you find a vet willing to help Frodo. Please give him (Frodo, not the vet ) a belly rub from me.
    Steffi and Lovable

That is a beautiful cat! I wish I were closer, I would take him in...

He's gorgeous! And he looks so comfortable with you--I wonder if he'll be a "stray" for long.
    Oreo and Molly

My Dear mother , bless her memory , always told me that it never hurts to ask! All they can say son , is NO! So maybe you can get a Vet on a slow day , and they will cut the cost. Because all they can say is no.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

AWWW! Mr Frodo.. you are has cute as any Hobbit.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
    He's gorgeous! And he looks so comfortable with you--I wonder if he'll be a "stray" for long.
    Hah I know what you're implying here - but unfortnately it can't happen - we don't have the money OR the space to keep a new cat

I will see what I can do for this little guy tho

Originally posted by ScantyNebula
    Hmm...that sounds like a good idea - I guess I need to know if he really is a stray first of all - he seems like one - he's always craving attention and always hungry when he's around and his fur is so coarse ... he doesn't seem like he has an owner but on our street you never know ....
    He doesn't have a real owner as he is un-neutered and always hungry. Someone might think this is their cat but I doubt it. You have to actually do something in order to own a cat.

If you KNEW he had owners that would be one thing but if you find a cheap/free vets I would go for it. i.e. Neutering / rehoming.

Good Luck

Here's a list of vets for the St. John's area:

Vets

If you don't have luck with them offering low cost spay, try talking with a local feline resuce group. They may have a multi-spay discount with a specific vet that you can use.

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Thanks for that link!