Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 year old female Chocolate Point Meezer at the shelter

3 year old female Chocolate Point Meezer at the shelter

I know I said I'd never foster again...and my vet tech friend Cathy was yelling at me yesterday to "Step Away from the Cage!!!"...but there's a pretty scared meezer that was dropped off at the shelter. I notified 2 Siamese Rescue organizations about her in the hopes that one of the organizations would go pick her up.

To avoid repeating what happened to Carrie, I called the shelter and told them to put a note in her folder that if they cannot find a Meezer organization to come get her and she doesn't get adopted right away, to call me!!! I can't turn my back on this girl.

Yeah, yeah, I know...but she's very sweet and deserves to be around other cats. She's also front declawed!!!

I'll let you know what happens.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good luck Donna and please keep us updated.

I pray this works out well.

From Decker with Love

You have such a big heart Donna.
    Good luck.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh yes, our weak hearts get so easily captured by cats sometimes...
    but if your heart's alarm system is ringing to jump in it is surely the right way to go, because somehow special cats know how to cause this ringing!!!

Hope everything will work out fine for you and the meezer...the one way or another!!!
    Paws (with claws!) and fingers crossed here!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

I will be thinking of her. I hope everything works out for you both.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I notified a couple of Michigan Meezer Rescue organizations but haven't heard anything yet. I'll let you know what happens. The shelter said she's still there and WAS an owner surrender. Stupid people!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I talked to the Michigan Siamese Rescue. They're calling the Dearborn Animal Shelter to work out the details about releasing the cat to them. I'll be transporting her either Friday night or Saturday where she will be fostered.

I'm glad she'll be getting outta there.

I'm so proud of you Donna. When you have your heart set out to do something for these precious babies, you go that extra mile.
    You're an angel.
    I'm sure the little meezer will be adopted out to a loving forever home in no time.

Have a safe transport.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Donna-

Did you try Siamese Rescue in Virginia?

(540)672-6373

Thanks for your help.

Rose

Donna, this is wonderful news!!! Have a safe transport and please keep us updated.

Great news!!! Miss Meezer is being taken by Feline Friends. I talked with the shelter a little while ago. They told me that FF had called and said they could take her today and place her in one of their foster homes. Michigan Siamese Rescue was still working on finding a foster home.

The shelter didn't want to step on anyone's toes as far as who gets the cat. I told her it's not a contest as to who gets her first but what is in Miss Meezer's best interest.

So...Miss Meezer is outta there today.

WOOHOO!!!!!

Thanks, Donna, for being so diligent and helping this girl along!!!!

You are so kind to help this kitty find a foster home. I hope she will find a forever home soon.
    Steffi and Lovable

I just called the shelter to make sure that Feline Friends picked Miss Meezer up. She's still there!!!

No one know anything at this point. I told them that I would pick her up tonight after work and that Feline Friends, if they have any intentions of taking her, could call me and make arrangements to pick her up from my house. She is not spending one more night at that place if I have anything to say about it.

Right now Heather (the @#$#%$% that put Carrie down) is calling Karen, the girl I dealt with at the shelter yesterday to see what is going on. I'm calling them a little later on to see what the story is.

I'll keep ya posted. Looks like I'll be having another temporary roomie for a while till these idiots get their act together.

*sigh* Stupid People!!!