I just wanted to fill you guys in here...but it's going to be quick and pretty much to the point. Like I said, I just want to let you all know what happened to Tucker.

Earlier this evening, the furkids, my boyfriend, and I were outside messing around in the backyard. Neither one us had noticed that the gate was open...and after about 30 minutes of playing frisbee, fetch, etc. with the dogs, Tucker suddenly took off and ran right out of the yard and into the street. He must have been chasing something, because Tucker is not one to just run off and keep going. He made it all the way through the neighborhood and came out onto the busy road in front of our development.

Anyway...we tracked him the best we could (my mom hopped in the car and tried to find him). By the time I got to the front of the development...it was too late. Tucker was lying on the side of the road...his body dotted with blood, and completely motionless. After getting closer, we realized he was definitely conscious (plenty of whines and slight moving of his ears)...but obviously in a lot of pain.

To make a long story short, we got him to the vet "just in time." He has several deep wounds, and broke his right hindleg. He looks awful...the poor guy is shaved in plenty of places, has his leg "casted," and has enough gauze on his body to soak up a bathtub. He seems to be in pretty high spirits considering all the trauma, but certainly isn't himself...understandably so. He'll be at the vet's office overnight under careful supervision, but we will be able to pick him up in the afternoon...even though we'll probably go there early in the morning and just hang around him until we can bring him home.

The whole thing happened at about 4:30pm...and we just got home about 15 minutes ago (about 9:10pm). It's been a long day...and even Kodak, Scout, and Laney seem to be a little distraught. They know something's up, and Scout has been attached to my hip since I got home.

Please send Tucker your prayers and plenty of good vibes, he'll need everything he can get on his long road to recovery.