Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sophie

Sophie

Sophie's story is is amazing and touching.
    We all send a big hug to her and say CONGRATS on being a true Dog of the Day!

She's a beautiful girl!
    Keep smiling!
    Best Regards, J.B. and Olive the Dog!

Oh Sophie!!!!!

Boy what I would do to Ms X and Y if I could get hold of them.

You poor, darling girl ...........

BUT, now you have someone who loves you so much ........ and you can adjust to your beautiful new home life knowing they will never just "needle your paw" or "throw you away".

Have a great rest of your life gorgeous, gorgeous girl.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Thank you for loving Sophie and removing her from the terrible situation she was in. No person or animal deserves treatment like that. But now the lovely girl is in heaven, I know!! What a beautiful, sensitive girl she is!! Congratulations, to Sophie and her family on being and having a terrific Dog of the Day!!!!!

Oh my! Every now and then there is a very special Dog of the Day whose story brings tears to my eyes. Sophie's story certainly did! Sometimes when I read about the injustices to animals that my fellow humans are capable of it makes me ashamed to be a human. Sophie you are a beautiful dog and have been through so much. I think if a human had to endure half of what you have endured they surely would have caved in. I am so grateful to your new person who has shown you love, most likely for the first time in your little life and I am so glad for the happy ending to this story. Sophie I love your little smashed in face (I have a weakness for little smashie faced doggies! ) and I know you were just as beautiful before your surgery. Congratulations sweetie pie on being today's very special Sunday Dog of the Day!

Bonjour, mon Petit Sophie! Enchante de faire votre connaissance, that's it for the French unless you want recipes! What a beautiful beastie you are!Enjoy the day Ces magnifete!!
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Dear. beautiful Sophie...For all my days, I will never be able to comprehend the callous heart and conscience of a person who could so selfishly "use" another living being for their personal gratification and then, when that purpose has been served, discard her like trash Thankfully, the horrors of those years are behind you. And while I see a faint flicker of melancholy in those beautiful, brown eyes as you wistfully wait for your "brother" to return home, I take comfort in the knowledge that you have once again learned to open you heart to us humans and will fovever be cradled in unconditional love and devotion. And Sophie...NO plastic surgery could EVER improve upon your physical appearance or the REAL beauty of the canine...that courageous, loving, forgiving spirit that lives within. Congratulations to you sweet, precious Sophie, our most inspirational, beautiful and deserving Sunday Dog of the Day I wish for you many, many more happy, carefree, love filled years with your proud family! My most heartfelt thanks go out to them for giving you a second chance at life and love! Oh, how I wish I could cover you with kisses!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sophie your story brought tears to my eyes as well. I don't understand how anyone could treat such a sweet little dog so horribly. I am so glad you new owner didn't give up on you and that you are finally settled in a loving home. Congrats on being todays dog of the day!

What a story!

As a french bulldog lover my heart really feels for Sophie. Mable, our little frenchie, has such a friendly and sweet character. My husband and I have always wondered if she could even be mean. We admit that she does have some dog agression problems (most recently with a Great Dane) but she LOVES every human. She greets everyone with a butt wiggle (she has a very short tail) and always wants to be played with. After hearing Sophie's story it becomes clear that even the sweetest tempered breeds and the best natured dogs are vulnerable to bad owners.

Wow Sophie, your life went from . I guess their might be a reason to show dogs, we have a big show in February down here. When I go, I like to look at the booths to see whats for sale rather than watch the dogs circle in the ring. Id want to get in the ring with them and hug them all. They dont care about the ribbon, they could tear it up with their teeth. Im so happy you are in a wonderful happy home where you more than likely do what you want and be a dog/kid. Many hugs and treats every day to you, and Im sure you thank your parents daily for coming to your aid.

Sophie, just look at your face! If you aren't the dearest pup with precious eyes.

How could anyone ever mistreat you? The selfishness of human beings is beyond my comprension.

However, when I read stories about your new family and how much they love you it restores my faith.

I hope that Daryl is able to come home on college breaks to see you. I would love to be there when he arrives, just to see your reaction.

Congratulations, Sophie. Without question, you are a very deserving dog to be honored today as our DOG OF THE DAY!

Blog Entries

Sophie

Your furson wrote: "The life of a dog can be part of a loving, caring environment, or that of abuse, and neglect." KatMa continued reading your story to me. KatMa was crying so hard. Mew, mew, I also was rescued by my KatMa and thank goodness your fur~ever folks love and cherish you.

KatMa is devoid of feelings for humans who harm animals. What she wishes for them is 100 times what they have done to you -- and worse!

Mew, thank you, loving fur~ever person who cherishes Sophie. KatMa and I are so happy Sophie's life today is what it should be -- loved, respected, cherished. And Sophie, Daryl will come to visit you when school is out. My boy, Mark comes from university whenever he can to see me, Paw-Paw & Katma.

Sophie, you deserved the honour of DOTD and your furson is, mew, my selection for POTW - person of the week!

from me, purrrrrrrrr-purrrrrrrrrrrrs & kittykisses and oodles of hugs & kisses from KatMa. You've stolen our hearts and are our Grand Champion dog.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

That was the most pathetic and sad post I've ever red on the pet forum - jeez!! I hope Sophie has some happiness and loving by now. She sure is a beautiful girl - with a long life ahead of her - I'm sure you'll make the happy part much longer than the sad.
    Congrats to Sweet Sophie, Our Adorable Dog of the Day!!

Sweet Sophie
    your story touched my heart and made me cry. How could anyone treat you so mean? I am so glad you have a wonderful loving home and family now. Congratulations to both you and your guardian as you celebrate being our most special Dog of the Day today, sweetie.

SOPHIE

What an awesome story you have Sophie. You are all lucky to have each other. That errant school kid will be there to give belly rubs, you wait and see...He may not get off the school bus, but he'll be THERE.....

Janice - - - - -

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Thank you LAURA.....

Oh sweet Sophie,

I am so sorry that you had to go through those terrible times.
    You sweetheart, who give so much of yourself & ask so little in
    return. You are a true Champion in my eyes. They might have
    broke your heart, but never your spirit. I am so happy that you
    now have a home complete with love & true caring. Happy
    congratulations to a most deserving, beautiful & brave girl.
    Sophie you are a wonderful DOG OF THE DAY. Love Ya Sweetie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt