Thread: Homemade lab blocks

Homemade lab blocks

There are no (good) lab blocks in my area, nor will my mom let me buy off the internet.

So I decided to make my own. lol.

I blended up some veggies (two leaves romaine lettuce, bunch of broccoli, baby carrot) and an egg, and I mixed some dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder) and I mixed it all together and kneaded it. (man, was it was sticky! Took lotsa flour!) Then I cut them, covered them with egg white and baked.

The end result is...ummm...interesting. They smell like rotten corn lol. My friend tried one and she said they were discusting. I even had some and yup, pretty darn gross. But the rats love them! They are very crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Yummy for them I suppose. Icarus even tried to grab one away with his paws. Yeah right, not without a trick!

I'm very proud of this creation lol. My next step is to freeze them so they don't go bad.
    I've been BOO'd!

Now why didn't I think of that when I had all my mice & rats.

Hehe...They sound sick.

Hahaha... When I read the title i thought it said "Homemade Black Labs" I was like uhhhh.....???

That's what I get from not getting any sleep I guess.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Hehe...They sound sick.

Hahaha... When I read the title i thought it said "Homemade Black Labs" I was like uhhhh.....???

That's what I get from not getting any sleep I guess.

Haha, that got a chuckle out of me!

WolfSoul, funny you posted this today as I am cooking dog biscutes right now for the rats and Morgan lol. I don't think I will be brave enough to taste them though. I would assume Morgans will taste like burnt peanut butter, as they contain peanut butter and carob chips......but still, not that brave lol.

I bet they taste yummy, they sound very healthy too. May I request more pics of your furry gang?
    Last edited by luckies4me; 07-23-2003 at 01:06 PM.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me

I bet they taste yummy, they sound very healthy too. May I request more pics of your furry gang?
    Hehe, i'm getting alot of picture requests lately -- I'll have to bring out the camera.

The rats just love these things! I freeze them first, so they are very hard to chew on. Even timber had troubles, so now she just swallows them whole
    I've been BOO'd!