Thread: middle dog syndrome

middle dog syndrome

You know how kids can get middle child syndrome?? Well, I think Abbey has middle dog syndrome. I'm not kidding, so quit laughing
    Riley is a puppy, so of course he goes out to potty more, and gets a little more attention, especally from anyone who visits. Kito was our first, and behaves so well for the most part.
    And then there's Abbey--barking, and carrying on for no reason--all the time!! Just today, Kito was sleeping on the floor, with his Kong tucked under his paw, and she stood there and barked at him for at least a half an hour--she wanted to Kong, and she knew if she tried to get it, he would show her his teeth. She's doing it again--aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I try to give her plenty of love and attention, she gets separate walks to have quality time with me, and I play ball with her all the time, she has soooooo many toys, I don't know what else to do!!!
    Any suggestions???
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I think you should spend some 'alone' time with Abbey so she feels more special. Just some fun time between you and her should make her feel better!
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

I wish I could help, but mine don't have that problem....Roxey's the boss & what she says goes
    But seriously, there have been times when Roxey had her bone & Huney laid there & whined for it, so either I would give her one too or I would just tell her no (if she already ate hers) and she'll quit. I guess I'm pretty lucky.
    I hope Abbey gets over this!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Dusty is really jealous with me. He can't stand for me to pet the other dogs. I get one on one time with Teddy cause he's a house dog. Roxy and Dusty can't be seperated, so I don't get good quality time with Roxy. Luckily, Roxy doesn't seem to mind not having one on one time with me. And Dusty "allows" the rest of the family to hang out with Roxy.

Reggie has middle dog syndrome!

And then there's Abbey--barking, and carrying on for no reason--all the time!!
    Yep, that's Reggie....