Thread: Advantix K9 FEEDBACK Kills mosquitoe

Advantix K9 FEEDBACK Kills mosquitoe

I was wondering if anyone has been using the new Advantix K9 Flea, Tick and Mosquitoe repellant on their dog. If so has the dog had any negative side effects.

Also, if there is anyone who is using it that has a cat, I would also like some feedback. I have heard mixed stories about how the chemicals are deadly if a cat comes in contact with it. We also have a cat.

Thanks,

Rob

I use it on both my dogs. Since we live in a heavily wooded area the Vet recommended it. It works well, so far! The ticks are really bad this year and so far (knock on wood) they have been tick and flea free!
    Also I notice that on our walks there aren't any flying "buggies" after them. They all seem to be swarming around my head.

It does say on the package DO NOT USE ON CATS.. It says, "Due to their unique physiology and inability to metabolize certain conmpunds, this product must not be used on cats. If applied to a cat, or ingested by a cat which actively grooms a recently treated dog, this product may have serious harmful effects. If this occurs contact your veterinarian immediately."

I would consult your vet for something that will be safe for both your dog and your cat.
    Lisa, Max and Spike

This year we asked our vet about Advantix. She said they do not carry it for 3 reasons.

1. Often people think if they are repelling mosquitoes they do not need to use heartworm medication. This is not true, you still do.

2. It can not be used a home with cats.

3. It does not repell all kinds of mosquitoes and more speciaifaclly does not repell those that carry West Nile. I don't really know about this reason...my mom's vet said she didn't know there were diffrent kinds of mosquitoes.

Our vet said she didn't not think advantix was a bad product, they just felt rather then having to explain this things to everyone it was safer continueing with Frontline Plus, which is what we use.

I was wondering the same thing. We have been using Advantage for 3 years now and are totally satisfied. It comes with KillTix which is for ticks. But I have been wondering lately if I should switch to Advantix. I order my Flea and Tick preventative online from BioVets since it costs considerable less than what the vet charges. I always consult him before placing my order.