Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toilet training??

toilet training??

what do you guys think of toilet training your cat?? sounds pretty crazy to me...I've researched and saw some pretty hilarious pictures thats for sure

If I could train my cats to do this I would LOVE it!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'm not really sure I would be able to train Hayley to use the toilet. She fell in the toilet when she was about 9 weeks old and had been afraid of it since. But it would be wonderful if I could train my two. Right now I am scooping the litter box twice a day! Maybe you could train them to flush as well!
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

well you could (hopefully have two bathrooms) buy a "child" seat to put over the toilet to make the hole less huge for poor kitty. I think I'd like to try...our place is so small now we have to keep the litter in the bedroom...and for some reason Toby just loves to take a massive crap right when we go to bed

Originally posted by ScantyNebula
    ..and for some reason Toby just loves to take a massive crap right when we go to bed
    Ours like to do it right before we eat....yummy
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Ok, everyone is going to think i've lost it, but when I only had Mozart, I toilet trained him. It took alot of patience (and a lil rearranging the tips found the net), and more patience for sharing a toilet... but after about a month or so, we had him trained to the potty

But, then along came bach, and he was too little to try, so I didn't, and Mozart now will only use the potty potty if the litter box is too yucky for his prissy self to go into...

I really want to try again, with all 3, but my husband just growls at me and says "oh pallleeeeze" but then he thinks about it every time they take a big poo poo right when we are eating in our small apt..and i say ..hmm how bout that potty training?!

It sure was nice for the year it was just Mozart.. no kitty litter, no smell.. just one clean house!

I had every intention in the world to do this for mine. My friend had hers trained. That cat would come into the bathroom (when I was on it) and pace.
    I asked why and she said he wants to use the toilet

Anyway, I really wanted to train them. But the timing was really bad. Right when I got my boys I was taking care of my father (hospice) and it was already a three ring circus around here.

AND Snowy took to peeing all over everything. (because too many nurse visitors and he didn't like his litter) but I broke him of that in a month and now he's a very good boy.

Originally posted by ScantyNebula
    Toby just loves to take a massive crap right when we go to bed
    You're extremely lucky!! Mine always go when I have company over!! And in a two bedroom condo you don't have much control over the flow of the stench...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

No toilet training here - more like toilet licking and drinking from teh bowl. Oh well can't win them all
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

I have found that having a burning candle in their litter area does a lot to help keep the poop smell down. Of course, with any open flame device, it is best to place it in something that is large enough and heavy enough so that if it gets knocked over it will not catch anything on fire. Personally, I have a 2 gallon iron cauldron for burning candles in. A scented candle is best.

Originally posted by neko1

Ours like to do it right before we eat....yummy
    he he , ours too! They have another box somewhere else in the livingroom , but as soon as we start eating , there they are , waiting turns to do their business ... yuck!!!

I've heard that you should wait til your cats are neutured before you toilet train them ... I don't know why but I will listen. Toby's appointment is March 28th (eeeekk!) so I would like to start *trying* to train him in April. Maybe he'll go for it, he seems to love the toilet as of now

My dad wanted to toilet train our cats, but it takes too much work, so we never did it. My aunt has a cat, and she's toilet trained. She went to the toilet all by herself, and after she was done, she flushed it. We were all very impressed
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Hayley also has an appointment on March 28th to get spayed. Maybe I will give the toilet training a try after that.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I think if I tried to toilet train Nakita, she would just look at me and say 'Um, nice try mom! Not going to happen!'

Currently, I'm trying to brush Nakita's teeth and that is making both of us tired!!

I wish everyone luck with toilet training!
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.