Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Assembly Blues

Self Assembly Blues

We were trying to put a desk and bookcase together. Each piece had a 10 page booklet of "instructions" written in that bizarre language you only see in self assembly guides Lucky we had some help.

I don't think it's meant to look like THAT

For goodness' sake, do I have to to EVERYTHING around here???

Are you SURE, Daddy?

Good enough for me!

Huh, did something happen without me?

(He was just about to slide off the lounge in that shot, too relaxed for his own good!)

Do you have any other captions?
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

your pictures (and captions) made me laugh too hard.

Re: Self Assembly Blues

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    ...Each piece had a 10 page booklet of "instructions" written in that bizarre language you only see in self assembly guides Lucky we had some help.
    A friend of mine calls that kind of book the "destructions". Only read them as a last resort!

Glad you had such glamorous helpers - cute pictures!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Oh I just love your pictures and your captions are so funny!! The middle two pictures do make it seem like the kitties were doing the instructing!! haha!

Caption for the second one (kitty tail raised straight up to signify authority and looking very much like the job foreman ) "Do you realize we have a deadline to meet????"

Your caption for the third one is just perfect. So precious!!!!!!

I think we can all relate. Sometimes when my hubby is assembling something the best thing I can do is leave the room. Heaven forbid a vital nut or screw is missing from the kit! With helpers like your hubby had I am sure the piece went together beautifully. These are just great!

Those pics were so cute!! Your kitties look like they did a good job helping out!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Boy can I relate to THAT!! Your pictures are hysterical. The first time I ever attempted to put a bookcase together I almost threw the screwdriver across the room. And the cats walking all over didn't exactly make things any easier. I finally called my best friend who had put her bedroom furniture and 3 large floor to ceiling bookcases together. It took her less than a half and hour!!I'll be in real trouble if I have to do it again since she lives in CT and I now live in MI.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Those pictures are great! I actually have the same sort of 'help' here, and it makes me laugh when I get so stressed over reading the 'destructions'. I also have left over pieces..that I save just in case the bookshelf comes apart...

Re: Re: Self Assembly Blues

Originally posted by TheAntiPam

A friend of mine calls that kind of book the "destructions". Only read them as a last resort!

Glad you had such glamorous helpers - cute pictures!

I have dubbed the official language as "Assembleeze"

The pics and captions are perfect! So, that cat in the last picture must be the foreman, right?
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

NEW, AMAZING INVENTION!

Yes, Catco, a little known division of Ronco, introduces this new invention, the "cat level"...just place the "cat level" on a surface and let it test the surface for slidability, if the can can pass the "one leg dangle" test, you are stable, sound and good to go!
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

These are great! Cats do have to supervise, you know.

Of course they do !! cats are masters in supervising !!!

Oh I like the pix so much. And the story is so true...... Cats always like when things are happening and they have to supervise it all.
    BTW I like the look of the furniture, too.

Too bad they couldn't have desifered those directions for you! And...don't you just love all that extra help?

BTW, I really like your new desk! Very nice!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Re: Self Assembly Blues

Originally posted by Miss Meow

(He was just about to slide off the lounge in that shot, too relaxed for his own good!)

Do you have any other captions?
    I have a caption for this last photo ( it is Mini right?)

Wake me when you're done!

I love that all of the cats are daddy's little helpers but the only cat that is really helping is the one (Mini?) that is asleep and staying out of daddy's way!
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Now how would we get anything done without our cats. Corkscrew and Tibby are great at helping me, they are also good study partners.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!