Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a walker now

I have a walker now

As the Cat Man has mobilty issues and some indications of Parkinsons disease.I am going in fgor neurological tests Monday , and am praying that what I have is an extension of diabetes.
    My Josephine LOVES the walker and uses it as a launching pad to leap upon Mikey Fluffy Tail
    And it is easier to bring the Cat Food home as I have torn rotator cuffs and I have a seat that I can sit on waiting for buses!!
    Please pray that I will still be able to care for My Found Hotel Cats
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh dear, age has a way of catching all of us, Gary! How many do you have currently at the Found Cat Hotel?

Best wishes for the tests on Monday.

There are many thinks that can mimic Parkinsons, so I am glad you are going for tests. Good luck, at least these tests you don't need to study for!
    I've Been Frosted

I feel your pain, Dude!!! I'll be on crutches come March 26th. I hope everything turns out well for you honey!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxoxoxox

Donna and fur (non-fur) crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Even if it is Parkinson's, with the proper diagnosis and meds, your symptoms will very likely improve. So, you may be getting around even better than you do now. My sister's hubby has a form of Parkinsons and his meds help him tremendously. I'm wishing you nothing but good things, Gary.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

My best wishes that you'll be mobile and able to care for your crew. I hope the tests will be fine.

Fister sends purrs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Do you have one of those jobs that has wheels, and you can turn it around and sit on it? I've seen those and folks love them, because they are much easier to deal with than the rectangular design.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Good wishes and prayers and good purrrrs from all of us, Gary.

Pat, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler, Lavinia, and Princess Poppaea Sabina Eugenia
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Maybe it won't be Parkinson's. Good luck on the tests.

I'll be thinking of you, Gary. I very much hope that the tests go well for you.
    Oscar has all his paws crossed that the man who sends the best toys in the world gets better soon!

My prayers are with you, Gary
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thank You to all who have sent such good wishes.
    Tahnk You especially katladyd in telling me about your brother in law who is actually doing better now. 'I have a mobile walker with four wheels and a basket.
    Of course the basket every morning is occupied by Scrapster , for some reason he lovesit.
    This walker does make things easier as I do not have to carry heavy cases of Cat Food!!!

And Freedom we have 7 Found Cats plus Two I have TNRED.
    They are staying close to home because of the ice and snow , I pray that they will stay in our double back yard.
    Thank You again for all your prayers and good wishes I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Gary, her husband always had some tremors, but was fine with his mobility. He has a neurological disorder similar to Parkinsons, only his onset was in childhood sometime (I don't know the entire story). Anyway, Parkinson's and other disorders like it are progressive, they get worse over time. The meds help with the symptoms and slow the progression down quite a bit. When he was in his late 30s, he slipped and fell on some ice on the sidewalk and broke his hip. So now, between his disorder and his hip, he has a pronounced limp and a cane. But he is around your age and still doesn't need a walker. I hope your doctor can help restore much of your mobility but allow you to keep the walker (for the cat food hauls!)
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers on the way for you from me too, Gary. Not being able to take care of my cat kids is the one big fear I have so I know how you feel. The worse my arthritis gets and the less mobile I am the more I worry about them.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saying prayers for you, Gary. I hope that this is only a temporary setback for you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018