Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member - intro

New member - intro

I just registered two minutes ago . . .

Hi people. My name is Lily.

I joined the forum because we lost our little blue russian about 10 days ago to extremely aggressive CRF. We had her 11 years and she was the absolute cat of our hearts, essentially my son's only sibling, so this isn't my favourite year so far. I have been looking for another cat to adopt, negotiating all kinds of functional rapids (landlord consent, spring cleaning before bringing in someone new and possibly nervous of us), moping and engineering. It's sort of up in the air whether we'll even be allowed to get another one but I am *death-raying* that landlord inside my head to make him say yes. He said yes to the one we lost, he just doesn't bloody remember!

And meanwhile I just want to be around cat people and read stuff about cats. I miss all that stuff so badly. I'm glad I found this place.

Hi Lily!

You've come to the right place to be around cat people.

I have 2 cats. I have Charlie, who is a tuxedo kitty and I have Jingle Belle, a calico. The sweet tabby in my signature is Scooter Bug, my kitty, who I lost a year and a half ago. I also have 2 doglets (Shih Tzu's), Jadie & Oreo.

I look forward to getting to know you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Welcome to Pettalk!

I don't have cats but, I really love them Sorry to hear that you lost your little Russian Blue and I really hope you get a sweet little kitty just like that one. I used to have some little kittens in my garden and their mother used to come by at times. But, then the mother took them away. She moves around in my neighborhood.

Nice meeting you!

sorry for your lose

WELCOME LILY

I have 5 cats. I just joined myself at the end of June.
    I dont have a signature yet but you can go to my photo album and see my babies.
    I had 2 go to the rainbow bridge.I think my Twilight was a Russian Blue or had some in her.
    Its been a few years that shes gone and I still miss her like crazy

I'm very sorry for your and your sons lose and I hope your landlord agrees to let you have another 1 or 2
    You should scroll down to the NEW ICHC THREAD its in the area you posted
    13 down. That is should put a smile on your face, and keep you busy about an hour if you check out all the pages

Again welcome and we would love to see pictures of your baby.
    Last edited by maid25cats; 08-04-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Hi there!

Hi Lily,

Most of us have lost cats in our lives and know how you feel.

Ya need to get yourself another kitty to fill the gap in your heart.

There are lots of nice folks here to chat with....and from time to time it gets a little heated. We try to stay within the rules, but sometimes it is difficult.

I have three cats and one dog. I love them all so much and understand how attached you can get to the pets/friends.

Welcome to Pet Talk.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Lily. My Fur Posse consists of 4 cats, although in the last several years, 4 others went to the Bridge, so I can relate to what you said. I've learned a lot here and have been comforted, too, as you will over time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The CREW sends a BIG WELCOME to you Lily. We are so sorry for your loss.
    The CREW stands at 24. Dad says that 3 are ours and all the rest are fosters. It seems that the town only alows 3 cats per house, but there is no limits on fosters. Some of us have been fosters for almost 8 years now. We just wish that dad would stop bring more home. He says we are at our limit, but we all know that if an "EMERGENCY" comes up he's the 1st there. That's most of us got here.
    GILL & Crew;

Welcome Lily from the Found Cta Hotel with My Five Dear Cats and so many Angels. We are praying that you can have a Dear Little Cat, from a shelter who needs a Furr Ever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Welcome Lily:
    I'm one of the Canadian members of this forum and as others have said, you've come to the right place.

Here, you can open up your heart and let it pour on the pages. Feel like crying? It's OK, we will cry with you. I remember when I had to send my heart kitty Max to the rainbow bridge, it was heart wrenching so I know how you feel. I did the same thing; get carpet cleaned, painted entire apartment and got it all spruced up before bringing Merlin home. I just can't imagine my home without purrs or headbumpies.

Would love to see some pictures of your sweet furbaby. RIP little one.

Slick and Merlin
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

You definitely stumbled onto the best pet website there is. Just like I did almost 5 years ago now. I honestly do not know what I'd do without my Pet Talk family. I have "met" some of the greatest people here. I have also learned sooo much about pets.

I have two dogs and two cats, as you can see in my signature. Only one was not a rescue (she's how I found the site....that would be Zoee the Aussie). But now I volunteer at a shelter and will only rescue from now on.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here. Oh, and we would love to see pictures of your baby you lost and hear stories as well. I recently had to let my cat of 14 years go (well it feels recent but it was actually July of 2009).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi Lily, big welcome hugs all the way from Central America
    My name is Astrid and I'm one of the (I guess) 2 hispanic members of PT.
    I'm the humble servant to a kitty girl, Sophie

First of all I'm sorry for your loss, here on PT we all know how hard it is when one of our babies is gone but you're not alone! as Slick said, here you can open up your heart, you'll see how nice people are here

Good thoughts and prayers for you and our fingers and paws crossed, we hope you can have a little kitty of your own soon.

Welcome Lily!!!
    astrid

So sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty.....
    I'm Diane from the the central coast of California, ruled by Princess Chelsea Pearl and Franklin. I adopted Chels when she was pregnant and she promptly presented me with 4 kittens, one of which was Franklin.
    I know you will find peace, comfort and friendship here on Pet Talk.....and maybe a new kitty! There are many wonderful people on this site that rescue and/or foster kitties...perhaps one of those kitties will be purrfect for you......
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Hello, Lily. I am very pleased to meet you. My name is Debbi and I am from Los Angeles. I share my home with my three furbabies: Mac, my orange tabby who is around 13; Ming, my big handsome Siamese boy who is 8; and Kimba, my all white rescue kitten who is getting close to a year old now. This is a great site and you will get a lot of good advice and a lot of support whenever you need it. There are good people here. Welcome!!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Welcome to PT!

Sorry for your loss. You have definitely come to the right place. We are loving and caring pet owners here.

If and when you feel up to it, post some pics of your lost loved one.

Hoping your landlord says yes.

Hello Lily! Welcome! I am sorry your cat died. I know how hard it can be. I have a cat and two dogs, photos below. This is a good place to read, post, share, and learn. I hope it works out that you can get another cat or kitten. What state or country are you located? Kay in NC, USA