Thread: Good cat food online?

Good cat food online?

I've had another look at this site, and I would really like to get some of those 4* foods there are for Fister. It just seems that when I click on "Where to buy", the options are only USA and a few other countries, but not Denmark.

I did send the below link to Fister's vet a long time ago, and I also mentioned the green colored dry food (can't remember the name of it) a very long time ago. He had it for dogs, but not for cats.

http://www.petfoodratings.net/cats.html#science

If any of you can give me some tips of where/how to get it, please let me know.

These are some I can get here - any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Btw, I found these sites - I will check them out. May be useful to you, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	47233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	47234  

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Orijen is available in Denmark

http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/storeLoc...tributors.aspx

http://www.frommfamily.com/dealers-internet.php

http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/storefinder.php

Online retailers might be your answer, but shipping could get costly.

good luck
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

You can gt Acana and Orijen, both are good.

I stopped looking when I saw you can get Taste of the Wild -- that is what I feed, my cats LOVE it, they've been on that exclusively for over 2 years and a doing well. NO hairballs! The pudgy ones trimmed down automatically, no work on my part! No tartar! Great vet checks! I am happy w/ it!

I have often wondered what is available in Canada,
    I know PetsMart has free delivery but only in the US.
    It is a very good thing that I have the Animal Welfare Association to help me out.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you for your links and suggestions, I'm checking it out. It's always nice to hear other cats' experiences with cat food.

The vet didn't really give me any restrictions on food for Fister, but suggested a Senior food, and a bit of Efa oil for his joints.

Gary, it seems you can get this food in Canada, too. Check the link: http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/storeLoc...tributors.aspx

Thank you for the links, Randi. I've been stuck in a bit of a rut thinking I was doing okay by giving my fosters (7) and own cats (4) Royal Canin Indoor, but I do hate all the grain in it so was ready to try a switch. I've got two male cats that have "tender tummies" so I think they will do better with a no grain food.

I've used Wellness Core before and thought it was great. It has been the price that put me off continuing, especially since it isn't sold in really large bags.

I called one local place about Origen and the food is expensive, $51 for a 15# bag, which is about 25% more expensive than Royal Canin.

Has anyone here used Orijen?

Lizzie, even though the Orijen and other quality foods are more expensive, I believe your cats eat less of it, so it all equals out in the end.

Try it! Or ask if they have a little sample of it.

They'll also have less health issues and live longer. Less vet visits also saves money and you worry.

I feed mine Blue Wilderness. I've thought about Taste of the Wild, but mine really like the Blue so I'm sticking with it for a while.

I think Blue is cheaper than Royal Canin. It comes in several varieties, regular, wilderness, and basics (less additives and such), and flavors also.

I have also used VF Veterinarians Formula. You can find it at the independent stores such as Animal Suppl House. Spunky and Sam preferred the weight loss formula. Jane, the NKOTB, wouldn't eat it, so I had to try something else. Jane was born knowing what she wanted and doesn't mind saying so. She's taught my boys some very bad and sneaky ploys to get what they want.

Good Luck with your searches and decisions.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

My Storm, Sky, Pearl, and Ziggy Stardust are on Wellcore dry and Wellness grain free canned. Luckily I can get the Wellness Core for $33.99 for a 12lb bag. I also still have a lot of free coupons for the 12.5oz canned Wellness because of the recall. My cats do eat less of it so it does last about 1 month or so for 4 adult cats.

Alani and Blaze have very sensitive tummies and they didn't do well on a grain free diet. I decided to try Chicken Soup For The Cat Lovers Soul in the Light formula which has more fiber and protein than the adult formula. So far it's really helped them. I can get an 18lb bag for $26.99 which lasts quite a while for 2 adult cats. I also give them some CSFTCLS Adult Hairball canned food which also has more fiber in it and I can get it for 68 cents per can for a 5.5oz can. I can't give them too much canned though because their tummies can't handle too much.

My 4 older cats have been on a grain free diet for probably at least 3 years or more and it has improved their health. I do feel that a better diet is the key to improved health. Some pet stores will have samples so you can try them to see if your cat likes certain foods. Good luck.

Bump
    Anne