Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I will be catsitting Shanga - meet her here... New pics!

I will be catsitting Shanga - meet her here... New pics!

Shanga is 3 years old and lives only 5 min. from me. I will be visiting her for 3 days while her humans are away. Shanga is part Bengal, and I think part Serval - not quite sure about this. I've met her only once and I could stroke her, but she didn't like my face too close to hers. Well, I'm sure it will go just fine.

Here she is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Randi; 04-29-2011 at 10:49 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

She's a beauty! Will you get to take her for walks? Hopefully Fister won't be too jealous when he smells another kitty's scent on you!
    I've Been Frosted

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! Oh, I am wanting one of those kitties so badly!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

She's stunning! Have fun kittysitting!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

What a gorgeous girl! I will look forward to reading more about her as you take care of her.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Striking markings!

Not sure if you mean you are bringing her in to your home? Or you are going over to her home?

I've heard that often, Bengals don't readily take to another cat in the house. So, that is why I wondered if you are bringing her into your place.

She sure is gorgeous. I hope that everything will go well. Good luck. We would also like to see some more pictures of her if you get the chance.

No, I'm not bringing her to my home, Fister would probably not like his space invaded, and I'm not sure how she would react, either. She certainly told me not to get any closer to her face, the day I visited.

I will try to get some pictures.

Shanga's mom sent me this video clip from a place they visited near Munich - they lived in Germany before coming here.

Click to view! German speaking people should be able to understand what they say.

Last edited by Randi; 04-21-2011 at 08:34 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

My, my!! what a jewel! I absolutely love the colors, seems like a small white tiger!

What a Great Looking Cat , a Truly Lovely Cat. And with a leash yet so you can walk her and enjoy her company!!!

That will be a great experience.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yes, it will be a new experience to look after Shanga, she certainy is special, but I will not take her outside. She lives on the top floor in a four story building. However, I may borrow the leash and see if I can put it on Fister, then I could walk him to the vet. Most of the way there is through the churchyard. I doubt he'll put up with a leash, though.

Shanga is a very beautiful cat. Maybe you can take some pictures when
    you are on your petsitting mission.

I thought Servals were a breed of wild cats. I didn't know they could be
    bred with house cats.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I thought Servals were a breed of wild cats. I didn't know they could be
    bred with house cats.
    Yes, Servals are wild cats but they have been successfully bred with domestic cats. When I was at a cat show, they had several Savannah cats there and some of them were half Serval and half of some other domestic cat breed. These were also quite large. They also had some later generations there that were a lot smaller because they weren't half Serval any more. I think these cats cost a lot of money to adopt.

Here's the link to my original thread about the cat show with some pictures of the Savannah's http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...=TICA+CAT+SHOW.

The text of the film is partly German and a little French. The big guy with the chicken is obviously a serval and Savannahs are mixes between servals and domestic cats. I have seen some of them in shows here and they are beautiful- but much bigger than other cats or Bengals. It all depends on how many generations they are down from the serval.
    The cat in the film looks not like a Savannah to me - rather like a Bengal.
    Bengals too are a younger breed and some of them seem to be just nice. Filou had a Bengal friend when he was a baby- but sasvermont's Miley was bullied by Ti the bengal- as some of you will remember.
    Shanga however looks like a beautiful Bengal princess and Orion was looking at the screen quite long. He thought she was bigger than him but apart from that she was just his kitty dream

Oh Randi, how much fun for you. I hope you will take more pictures of Shang. I think I would be very reluctant to take her outdoors even on her leash - in fear of losing her. Goodness she is really a beauty.

Fister on a leash walk - lining up another adventure for yourself huh?

Let us know how it goes with Shang.