Thread: Glen Campbell has Alzheimer's, plans for final album and farewell tour

Glen Campbell has Alzheimer's, plans for final album and farewell tour

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...st-canvas.html

Excerpt:
    Glen Campbell has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, the 75-year-old country singer, songwriter and guitarist and his wife, Kim, have told People magazine, a condition that has prompted him to describe a new album coming in August as his final recording.

"Glen is still an awesome guitar player and singer," Kim said in the interview. "But if he flubs a lyric or gets confused onstage, I wouldn’t want people to think, 'What's the matter with him? Is he drunk?' "

Campbell is planning a series of concerts this fall in support of the album, “Ghost on the Canvas,” due Aug. 30.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

If this is a recent photo, he sure looks good at 75.

When I was in hospital after giving birth, I still hadn't named my son. My husband and I just couldn't agree on names. Glenn Campbell's show was on the TV in my room and the nurse came in and said "Hon, you have GOT to name this baby!" I saw Glenn Campbell and wrote down "Glenn Anthony". I figured if his middle name was the same as my husband's brother, my husband wouldn't be too upset. I was wrong but oh well.

I'm really sorry to read this, though. Alzheimers is such a cruel disease. I do hope that he and his wife and family find peace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That's too bad and very sad. What a wretched ailment. Enjoy making your new album Glen!

I've been Boooo'd!

Wonderful performer.

Coping w/ dementia w/ my Dad, I can truly say, I am sorry for your diagnosis, Glen. (Dad doesn't have the Alzheimer's type). Best wishes with the album and the tour.

I heard it on the way to work this morning; quite sad. He is a wonderful performer and I'm sure he and his wife will handle this with the grace he is known for. Best of luck, Glen.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

He gave a concert here in Indy last week and it was panned by the local critics.They said he forgot lines to his songs,was offkey & generally acted strange and confused onstage.They were less then kind in their writeups. If only they had know of his illness then they might have been kinder.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That's sad - I love that guy. I have all of his old albums from the 60's, and always watched his t.v. show.

Peace to you, Glen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I used to watch his show when I was a kid....Alzheimer's is a horrible, horrible disease.....my father in law died from it, and what a slow death it was....God be with him and his caretakers...
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

That is sad news. I hope he is able to continue working and enjoying life. Hopefully his music will help him and his family through this. I didn't realize he's 75 already. That doesn't seem possible.

Have you seen Brian Wilson recently (past about 5 years or so), I am not sure if he's had a stroke or some sort of brain injury or what. He was a Kennedy Center honoree a couple of years ago. When he stood to acknowledge the performers and the audience, he looked like he was leaning to one side. I noticed his wife frequently murmuring to him, too. I know he has used a prompter on stage - one of those clear screens like the President has - I'm not sure if it has music, lyrics or both. But how sad to have written such iconic songs and then to have trouble remembering them.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yes I heard that on the news.. Truthfully I thought he had already retired.. Keep on trucking Mr. Glen..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

wow so sad
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

I think drugs did Brian Wilson in. I hate even watching him now. Sad and chilling

I've been Boooo'd!

Blog Entries
    We saw & heard Glen Campbell in Branson Missouri years ago & what a great entertainer he is.

Have always enjoyed listening to him and I hate hearing this about him. Just several week ago a local TV announcer/newsman made the announcement that he has Alzheimer's and it retiring to spend the time he has with his family. He is in his early to mid 50's... My best friend lost her husband to this and it is a dreadful disease and hard on everyone.

I think Glenn should release his album and spend the rest of his time relaxing with his family...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!