Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you identify your dog?

How would you identify your dog?

Just for fun. Let's say someone took your dog, and gave you 50 different dogs that look very similar to yours, and you had to pick out your dog. How would you do it? Other than obvious personality traits, any unique coloring patterns? Any quirky or different things physical things they have? This would be much harder if you have a purebred dog I think.

Molli- I would be able to tell by her eye lid. LOL She's got some skin around her eye you can see, but part of it is a pink color instead of black. And she's a mix with something, so some of her fur is pretty straight, like on her ears. Her fur has apricot hairs that look wiry compared to the rest of the cream fur (possibly mixed with terrier?).

Sammy- Well, the inside of his ears are gray now. He's got a little white spot on the tip of his tail, SO cute, you can always see his tail wagging from the back despite all the black fur. lol Although most of his white stripe has disappeared with age, he's got a reminiscent of a strip that goes from the top of his head down to his tail.

Springen- He's got this cute spot of white on his chin. Each of his paws have white, especially his right back paw. His tail looks like someone cut it off at an older age so the tip of it is missing some hair and it's quite a bit longer than most boxer's cropped tails. His fur has a lot of red in it compared to a lot of fawn boxers, too.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Cool idea for a thread.......

Myndi:
    Has a fatty growth on one side of her belly
    Getting a lot of gray hair - face, ears, belly
    Her legs quiver when she stands in one spot - just generalized weakness
    Her toenails are like daggers - never seen such sharp nails on a dog - they're more like a cat's
    She would start running her mouth as soon as she saw me. Not barking, but "talking" as she loves to do

Sparky:
    Dew claws on his back legs
    Has a flat fatty growth on his side
    Sits one-sided - sits on his hip and not on his butt
    Has an underbite
    Light fawn colored splotches on his back
    He would break into a run to me. He's a Mommy's Boy
    Last edited by pomtzu; 03-19-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hank has a brindle coat, a spot on the back of his neck (very noticeable), when he lays down, he lays frog-legged! It's adorable. Also, the has a little spot in his pupil that stands out if you really look closely.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

For Sheena it is very simple. Just give her some of her commands and see the response. She is very highly trained with some unusual commands(like doing laundry) that it would ve fairly easy to tell which one is her.

With OUT personality traits? Are you kidding?! I can't tell my 5 apart much of the time, lol! Well, I DO know the males from the females . . . .

With our old Gracie, the Great Dane mix, it would have been simple, even if her distinctive "Taj Mahal" white on her chest was covered up. Toss a bit of hotdog to each dog. The one who doesn't even attempt to catch it - or even find it once it hit the floor - that's Gracie.
    I've Been Frosted

Buster - his figure. He isn't exactly lean.
    Rudy - No dog looks like him and his coat length.
    Dixie - the hair that stands up on her ears plus she has a speckled foot.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    With OUT personality traits? Are you kidding?! I can't tell my 5 apart much of the time, lol! Well, I DO know the males from the females . . . .
    HAHA, I guess it's easy for ME to say, considering mine are very different breeds! Okay, personality can be included too! hehe

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

By the huge round eyes begging me to call her name so she could run to me.
    And if any food were to be dropped or thrown to the floor she would be the first to get it.
    Also just because she's the cutest thing alive
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Oh, I like this!!

Zoee- First her different color eyes. Then just her markings are very distinct. Most merles do not have as much black as Zoee does, especially on the face and head. I would check her belly because she is always licking certain spots so she'd have matted hair there. And then when she saw me she'd burst out in her butt waggle where she turns herself into the letter C and bounces off the ground with her eyes half closed.

Taggart- His spots are also very distinct. He has one right at the base of his tail that you can't see when his tail is up. That tail is also a give away. He has all four dew claws. He also has that perfect little mask over his eyes and the way his ears stand up.
    ETA: Taggart has freckles on his nose, belly and under his white fur on his skin.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 03-18-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a great thread!

Logan's purple spotted tongue, her white boots on her feetsies, white belly,her not so skinny body, her left eye a teeny bit smaller than the other, very slight but I'd be able to tell.

I've been Boooo'd!

Boomer...freckle right next to the black of his nose. He also has a Groucho Marx mustache under his nose.....skunk tail...black on top, white on bottom

Sooner...also has a freckle in the very same spot as Boomer....Tail has a white tip like it was dipped in white paint....one black pad on one of her back feet

My sweet dalmatian Cassie had spots which formed the letter S on her back
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

The 3 oldies Clover, Elvis and Tinny are easy, greying faces, cloudy eyes, sun spots/ brown marks in their eyes, fatty lumps etc. Both Border Collies have 'odd' ears, 1 up 1 down . Tinny has a black diamond shape of fur on her white chest.

Harri has no real distinct markings, he looks like most rough coat JRTs lol.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Mikey doesn't look like a normal "puggle", but if I was given 50 similar looking dogs, probably his arrow shaped pattern on his head and his little underbite. I would be able to find him by his personality in a heartbeat.

Current Pictures (various views),
    Dimensions written down (height/weight/length),
    Electronic Tagging (number/frequency clearly stated),
    Tattooing (and the location of it written down),

It's possible that I've misunderstood the intent of this Thread, but
    it seems like it would be more effective, if one was prepared to hand
    someone a "Packet" of information, where a total stranger could
    identify your animal.

Have a good Day !
    S.W.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !