Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitty Alarm Clocks?

Kitty Alarm Clocks?

Does anyone else have one? Doogie has taken to waking my poor mom up every morning at 4:30! And when he wakes her, she has to go to the restroom. He then proceeds to go back to sleep. She works a few days a week and has to get up at 6. So on the days that she doesn't work, if she's not up, he thinks it's his job to get her up then, too. Crazy cat. Anyone else have these kind of kitties?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Yup! I get up each weekday at 5am. So on the weekends Taz makes sure I'm awake so I can feed him. It was horrible when the time changed, he was waking me up (and sometimes still does) starting at 3:30am. Sometimes if he starts in on me too early, I'll shut him out of the bedroom. That works for a while and then he'll sit at the door and meow.
    But I love my alarm clock!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

At least he is doing your mom a favor, getting her up for work on time! He doesn't understand days off.

My cats are more selfish. They wake me at 7 each morning for their breakfast! And yes, changing clocks takes about 2 to 3 weeks to change their internal settings.

My black cat Sid (short for Obsidian) wakes me up at 5:45 am in order for me to feed him and the other kitties. Never deviates from that time, the little scamp.

We play a game on the weekends though, he wakes me, and I cover my head. He then looks for any evidence of a hand or foot sticking out somewhere. No luck? Then he stands on top of me and jumps! I always giggle (or groan depending where he jumps) and so he knows I'm awake. I open the covers and he looks at me. I scoop him and hug him and let him go really quick. He leaps off the bed and looks at me. He knows I'm up!

It makes me laugh every morning. A good way to wake up!

Yes, I have a big orange one named Sunny. He sometimes tries to wake me up as early as 5am and Mon.-Fri. I don't get up until 6:30am. I take a shower first so I can wake up and then I feed them around 7:15am or so.

On weekends he'll try the same thing but I keep ignoring him until 7:15am or so. After I feed them, get them fresh water, and clean all of the litterboxes then I go back to bed.

It also doesn't seem to matter when I last fed Sunny. Last night I was up very late and I fed all them their last feeding at close to 1am. Sunny was still trying to wake me up very early and he started at about 6am. When I fed them around 7:15am they all seemed like they were starving even though they had only eaten about 6 hours before.

My guys are the same way!!! I can be up till 2 or 3 am, give them a snack, and then at 5:30, Honeybun is standing on my chest bellowing at me because I'm starving him! He's such a demanding boy! With him it's not just a certain time (every morning at 5:30 on the dot (15 mins BEFORE my alarm goes off ), but if I ever lie down to take a nap, or to try to get rid of a headache, when I get up, it's like it's a signal "OH, she's getting out of bed! We have to have food again!" and he'll run around and yell at me until I give him something to eat. And heaven forbid I actually get up and go to the bathroom before feeding them! That's just torture for them!

Charlie has figured out that if he grabs my braid at the base and pulls (really hard), I will wake up in very short order Usually he only does this on weekends when I get to sleep later than my regular 5:45AM alarm...

Maya Linn is my 4 legged alarm clock. She gets me up at 6 a.m. by taking a running leap off of whatever part of my body happens to be exposed at the time. If that doesn't work, she'll sit on that exposed body part, stare at me and meow till I open my eyes. If I pretend to be asleep, or open one eye and continue to ignore her, she bites me on the nose. THAT gets me up!!!

Cats, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Gosh, you all get up very early! The perfect time to get up for me is about 8-9, but of course I can't do that when I'm working.

Fister jumps up in bed in the mornings, but John and I had him really well trained, so he won't make a huge effort to wake me up, but go and lay down again - quite civilised. Sometimes when he tries a little later, I scoop him up close and put the duvet over (not his head though). It's only recently he puts up with that, and he won't stay more than 5 min.

When I do get up, he's there immidiately taking my spot on the pillow. He'll stay there until I come back from my shower, and we have a good cuddle. There's nothing better than soft fur against your naked skin, is there!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Cassie here. I am diligent about waking my servant between 3 and 4 AM by using my teeth to shred whatever paper I can find ... catalogs, magazines, book pages... so she will give me half of my breakfast. She feeds me and in return, I allow her to go back to sleep until the alarm on her alarm clock buzzes. There are some mornings when I've awakened her during the 2 AM hour when I am very hungry. You see, I don't especially like the leftovers she gives me from supper, so sometimes I only eat my dry food and wait for breakfast.

I have her verrrrrrrrry well trained! She loves me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    I am diligent about waking my servant between 3 and 4 AM by using my teeth to shred whatever paper I can find ... catalogs, magazines, book pages...
    Hi Cassie, Filou here! I think you discovered a very good method.
    Another one is just to run over them - you jump up on the left side of the bed, run over whatever is under and jump down on the right side. Then you go back to the left and repeat.

If all doesn't help and they roll themselves in a looomg paw with just a tiny little touch of a claw at their noses will do the trick.

They tell me all the time I have to eat- so I need an early breakfast at 2.30 a.m. My dad moans but he gives it to me. He loves me too

Not only do I have a kitty alarm clock... I have doggie alarm clocks too

facebook

When I was working days when I first got Remus he woke me up precicely 10 minutes before my alarm went off. Even on the weekends he figured I just HAD to be up at 6am watching him go through cat crazies at first by himself and later with Spook Once I started working at night I would either just be getting home or going to bed when the cat crazies started up and I figured out it wasn't so much him waking me up as it is he just likes to go nuts right around 6. He even does it here lol.
    If I forget to fill the water dish or the food dish before I go to bed though he wakes me up JUST as I get to sleep. He can't remind me before I lay down oh no, he has to wait for at least an hour or two lol. I think the other cats use him as an ambasidor as he is never first to the dish when I DO get up and fill it but he is the only one that even attempts to wake me up. I think they all know that Remus is very good at his job

When I first got Tip-Tip she was the anti-alarm clock. When the radio would go off int he morning she'd march over and bat at the snooze button til it'd shut off than march back to her spot to sleep. No early risers in my house!

Critter Mom to: Zoe-Rott/Pit Mix, Chloe- Persian, Lisa & Lola-Hermit Crabs, COMING SOON Pinky Pie-Cornsnake

I'm lucky in the respect neither of my cats wake me. Altho I do have a doggie alarm clock some days she sits in front of me panting to go out.
    Kylie is just as content being wrapped up in my arms sleeping as anything.
    Kloe doesn't normally bother me either.
    But I keep food out for them most of the time even tho sometimes it gets low.
    And they are really laid back when it comes to the litter boxes as well. I only have to scoop 2-3 times a week.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..