Thread: Crosspost from Cat Rescue - Anyone near Harrisburg, PA

Crosspost from Cat Rescue - Anyone near Harrisburg, PA

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=159139

I've found someone to take this cat except she lives in Allentown and I don't have the $$ right now to get this cat to her. I may have found someone closer here in State College who will foster this cat as well but I just need to go out there and see if he is still there. I've posted another thing on craiglist to see if anyone will help me and go and see if he/she is still around. But no one so far has been willing to help and I've been trying to trap other cats locally that need to find a home as well. I may just have to go out there and see if he/she is out there and get this cat but right now $$ is an issue for us. We owe our vet over $1000 right now and it's just going to go up again this year.

I would have to drive ~2 hrs to check on this cat and then 2 hours back or another 2 hours to Allentown if this lady ends up taking him instead of this other person locally.

Is there anyone else closer to Harrisburg that might be able to go out and see if this cat is still there at nights?

Thank you,
    Melissa

Here is what someone told me about this cat so far:

This is a reply from the lady who went to check on the cat:

You don't understand. This cat HAS a home. It lives on a farm. It's not thin, or in need of help. It's very smart to have figured out that sucker travellers will feed it yummy snacks. Please do not have someone catnap this cat!

Thanks for your concern though. I hope you can help a kitty, a lot of them need foster homes out there. This just isn't one of them!

On Feb 10, 2010, at 10:26 AM, "M." wrote:

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

How far do you live from this exit? Did you see this cat? Do he/she look thin? I was thinking I could foster it or get someone to foster this cat while I find it a perm. home.

Thank you,
    Melissa

-------------------------------------------------------------

I went to "help" this cat..

After "here kitty kitty"ing all around, noticing pawprints in the snow and worrying, I found an attendant and inquired if he knew anything about this poor kitty.

He LAUGHED!! This cat comes from the farm over the hill EVERY NIGHT to mew and act pathetic in hopes of a handout from the travellers! Little stinker. This cat does not need help AND it owes me gas money!
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 02-15-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Ok so I just checked with the guy locally and he said he can't take it in. I guess this lady from Allentown said she would travel to him but she can't till Thursday, I just hope he makes it with this new snow storm coming.

Melissa