Thread: Consignment Shops

Consignment Shops

My latest and greatest love. I'd only been to one before and It wasn't anything to write home about. I think I got a t shirt or two but nothing special.

I've recently gone to a couple children's consignment shops and OMG... I'm in love lol.

I got Hannah the CUTEST christmas dress. It's a burgundy Red velvet dress with white furry cuffs and an Elmo Angel on the front. it's SO cute. and it was like $5 and then we got a cute pair of patent leather dress shoes for $2.50 :O

I also got her this really cute lambs wool and cashmere sweater for $6. and a METAL set of pots and pans for the kitchen she is getting at Christmas... I haven't seen metal kitchen toys in ages it's all plastic now.

We came home with like two big bags filled with stuff for less than $50. I basically got all her gifts done at the consignment shop.

there is one more here that I haven't been to yet but I can't wait to go.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

They make so much sense for children's clothes, as kids grow so fast that outfits rarely get worn out! I've seen beautiful kids outfits in the ones around here!
    I've Been Frosted

yeah I need to go through Hannah's old stuff and take some in... It just kills me to think of getting rid of her baby clothes lol I want to keep them forever but that's not very practical

I am picky with J's shoes. Most anything else I go to a consignment shop. I bought 5 long sleeved tops, one of them was a Children's Place cable knit sweater. Total was less than $20.00.

I don't even think these shoes were ever worn :O the bottoms didn't even have a scuff mark on them.

You know... it's kind of annoying. maybe I am looking in the wrong places but I cannot find cute shoes other than runners for Hannah in her size.

nice score Cataholic.

I love that you find stuff that's not on the racks right now that every other kid is wearing.

I am picky with J's shoes, not mine, though. LOL. Mom got me a really cool pair of brown pant shoes...with a little heel. I love them! Some sandals, too. But it is a mite too cold for those right now.

Patent leather...yeah, I would prolly pick them up- but not track shoes or every day wear shoes. J is currently wearing his second pair of Ugg boots. I catch some grief for that. But, they are so nice and toasty warm. I did pass his last year's size on to a girl friend's child. Some of my friend's buy their childrens shoes virtually anywhere. I think when the feet are so formative, higher quality shoes are worth the price. This is just my quirk (my only one, mind you).

Consignment is nice- reduce, reuse and recycle!!!

yeah I hear you... I remember my shoe obsession used to be for MY shoes... now I have like one pair of shoes and I'm buying Hannah any cute shoes I can find lol. but yeah runners are always brand new not used and after seeing how sweaty her feet get in her runners when she's been in them for a while... ewww I don't want to pass those off HAHAHA.

But... Where DO you find his shoes? I swear everywhere has infant shoes or kids shoes not toddler sizes lol she's a 6 in toddler sizes which is like ONE size away from getting into kid shoes and that opens up a lot more options than where she is right now.

I buy shoes at stride rite normally. This last time, I got both the uggs and a pair of track shoes called geox at nordstrom. I didn't like the measuring procedure there, and will always get sized by stride rite in the future.

When my niece was little, my sister used to take some of her things to the consignment shop after she outgrew them. It was also a good place for her to buy gently used winter coats and boots, a lot less expensive than retail. Now my niece is 18 and enjoys shopping for vintage finds at resale shops!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I love consignment and thrift stores, especially for kid clothing....they grow so quickly, that I have a hard time justifying buying new clothes. Usually, every season, I buy 2-3 brand new outfits, and depend on hand-me-downs and thrift stores for the rest.

However, the city that we live in, isn't umm the best ....and the thrift stores near us, are severely sad. I've been to a few of them, and 80% of what is for sale, really belongs in the trash (stained, pilled, obviously very worn) So, my plan is to drive 45 minutes to some of the nicer cities, because I suspect the thrift stores will be nicer, even if they are a little pricier, the value will be better, kwim?

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Our Humane Society has a thrift shop with great deals.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.